Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-18-2002, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quality Control

I run a three man crew and I am now finding that as my business is expanding more of my time is spent looking at new jobs,or seeing existing customers .

What steps can I take to ensure the jobs are done properly whislt I am not on site and to maintain my employees enthusiam
Old 11-18-2002, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just find the one on the crew that you trust the most and let them tell u what there doing
Old 11-18-2002, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Promote.....

one of the guys on your crew to a foreman. Treat him like one, pay him like one, and let him perform like one.

Your level of stress should drop tremendously and it will also give you time to tie up loose ends on the business side of things.

Good Luck!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeap! tell your employees that time has come where you need someone in charge, dependable responsible and be able to handle the crew, ask'em if one of them would be interested in the position or if you should look somewhere else. Most of the times when somebody is really ambitiuos they'll come forward and say, I can do it, make sure all of your workers know that the person thst is going to be in charge will be telling everybody what to do, and tell your foreman that he'll be the one responsible for anything good or bad.

I usually tell all my workers that my foreman can fire them if he thinks they not performing the way they're suposse to, and I tell my foreman that if somebody is not working then tell me about it I'd talk to and if happens again they're history.