Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Opinions on my website

just started a company called Northtexaslawnscapes and just built a site. Please visit Northtexaslawnscapes.com and tell me what you like and what you think should be changed. Thanks alot and cant wait to hear from you!!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Your site looks pretty good, I'm not a fan of putting price ranges on thewebsite. A small 5k lawn with many beds/plant/obsticles could lead you with no options other than to mow with a 21" walkbehind, this could easily take more time than a 20k lawn. Also with cleanups, you might do it at $29 per hour but the 65 yearold retired guy running a lco part time might quote $20 an hour. But you may be in better shape and finish in 4hrs where he'll take 8 hrs. Your price = $116, his price = 160. Even though you are cheaper he might have goten the job because the customer looked at his 20/hr verses your 29/hr. I have a per hour rate and per sq ft rate in my head that I start with when quoting any type of job, but I don't ever tell it to my customers. There are way to many variables involved to have standard set pricing.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would not put prices online for those services as there are a lot of variables sometimes that can increase prices.

Also you're hourly rates are different depending on what you are doing? Why is hedge trimming different than leaf cleanups? Again I wouldn't put that info on their either.

One thing that stood out was you have an eco-friendly logo but nothing (at least that I could find) about how you are eco friendly.

The text needs some spacing from the left side, it is all right up against the border and it needs a margin so that it looks better to the eye.

I would find a new title for weed maintenance as nearly all weeds are "unwanted" maybe just call it weed maintenance or even bed maintenance and package it with hedge trimming and pruning

the request a free quote box on the right also needs a margin, it looks crammed in there

for your service area map, rather than taking it into paint and just outlining it, you may want to consider using google maps to outline and highlight the area. Its an interface that most people are already familiar with.

Also based on your map, I am unsure why you won't service colleyville? seems like a awkward way to draw the lines, but me not being from the area their may be reasons that I am unaware of.

Here is my site which hasn't been touched at all this year and is in desperate need of updating. No projects from this year or most of last year have been updated to the website. Some have made it to facebook. This is my winter project....anyways here it is if you want some ideas for what i did with mine

www.greenboyslandscapes.com
Old 12-19-2011, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Overall i like it though, just needs some fine tuning
Old 12-19-2011, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why does a corner lot cost more if the sq. ft. is in your pricing ranges?
Bagging clipping is just part of the business and IMO should never be an extra charge, but incorporated into your pricing.

But I also agree pricing should never be displayed or advertised, but on a case by case basis and displayed at the time of estimates...
Old 12-19-2011, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
Why does a corner lot cost more if the sq. ft. is in your pricing ranges?
Bagging clipping is just part of the business and IMO should never be an extra charge, but incorporated into your pricing.

But I also agree pricing should never be displayed or advertised, but on a case by case basis and displayed at the time of estimates...
Many LCO's charge more for bagging, if they are bagging the lawn may take longer because they now need to go back and forth to the truck to unload the bagger, they then need to transport those clippings (extra wear and tear on the vehicle) and dispose of them.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
Many LCO's charge more for bagging, if they are bagging the lawn may take longer because they now need to go back and forth to the truck to unload the bagger, they then need to transport those clippings (extra wear and tear on the vehicle) and dispose of them.
Its just standard practices around my neck of the woods that most Properties get bagged, and we have several free dumping sites that make compost and soils at our disposal which is nice and not far from town. I guess every area is different..
Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I see its a wordpress site. Make yourself a blog page and start writing keywords into the heading and then write some stuff in the blog area. This will help big time with google search. Also add a good gallery with tags and keywords.
Have a look at my site, especially the Lawn Care Tips and Gallery. In the Lawn Tips blog I have keywords all over the place. I am now doing very well on google in the suburbs I want to service. The site isnt finished, needs some corrections, font changes etc but its all about being found. 2 weeks ago my site was know where to be found! http://gclmow.com/

Youtube Channel... http://tinyurl.com/l9a3843
Old 12-20-2011, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Click here is out of place on the services page.

I like the service area page informs costomers on where you would like accounts. good

on your contact page, you should put your mailing adddress, tell them if the phone is a cell so they don't call on Thanks Giving diner.

If you get a chance look up my site and if you see any typos please point them out.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticolawnllc View Post
The Click here is out of place on the services page.

I like the service area page informs costomers on where you would like accounts. good

on your contact page, you should put your mailing adddress, tell them if the phone is a cell so they don't call on Thanks Giving diner.

If you get a chance look up my site and if you see any typos please point them out.
www.ticolandscaping.com