Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

SCAG post on Facebook - finance deal

Not sure how many people use Facebook, but I saw an interesting post from Scag today. Here is a cut and paste from their post:

Starting January 1, 2012, Scag will be offering Three Great Ways to Own a Scag Mower! 0% financing for 48 months and two other discount programs will make owning a Scag easier and more affordable than ever before.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah if Sheffield will finance you. I tried multiple times. Deere and ge money has no problems giving me 30k each
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2011, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here is the link to their website with the details.

http://scag.com/2012_scag_spring_promos.html

Looks pretty good. Besides the 0% for 48 months they have "buy a Turf Tiger or Cheetah and get a walkbehind at fleet pricing (up to 20% off)", fleet price on a single Vride (up to 20% off), and the Pro V pricing.

So there are deals for the guys without great credit. I may buy another Turf Tiger with the 0% for 48 months if I can get fleet pricing with it (I'm eligable for fleet). Otherwise I'm going to wait one more year.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Here is the link to their website with the details.

http://scag.com/2012_scag_spring_promos.html

Looks pretty good. Besides the 0% for 48 months they have "buy a Turf Tiger or Cheetah and get a walkbehind at fleet pricing (up to 20% off)", fleet price on a single Vride (up to 20% off), and the Pro V pricing.

So there are deals for the guys without great credit. I may buy another Turf Tiger with the 0% for 48 months if I can get fleet pricing with it (I'm eligable for fleet). Otherwise I'm going to wait one more year.
So do you think that this means you can get the 0% for 48 months plus the 20% off of a V-ride? Or is it either or?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2weech View Post
So do you think that this means you can get the 0% for 48 months plus the 20% off of a V-ride? Or is it either or?
Since from my last years purchases I get fleet pricing this year. I also get the 0% for 48mos for the current promo. So if you are eligable for fleet you can also get 0% (my dealer checked into it). If you are not eligable for fleet check with your dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2011, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

And try to get a scag dealer to take a trade in. I'm hoping to talk to rich at mn maintance into taking a trade for a pro-v. Cash deal with trade.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
And try to get a scag dealer to take a trade in. I'm hoping to talk to rich at mn maintance into taking a trade for a pro-v. Cash deal with trade.
Posted via Mobile Device
Are you trying to trade in your Exmark belt drive that you bought last year? I'm sure most will take trades (mine does) but are you willing to take the hit from the offer. Also ask if they would put it on consignment.

With the question of warranty's being transferable, a one year old mower will take a big hit. Why would one want to buy a one yr old mower for $500 less than new? So they price it a grand less. Then the dealer wants to make a cut of the sale so he needs to take in it for $1500 less then you paid if he wants to chance, making $500 (he may want to make more, especially if you hop between mfg's and dealers).

You are always better off selling the used mower out right.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to see if I can sell it first. Sometimes its just easier to take a hit, than hassle with nit picking sobs that want something for nothing so they can resell it a.week later on cl. I still may keep the metro, but if.I pass the fert and pest certifications I would like to be a more efficiant. I also may be getting into another business adventure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

0% for 4 years is great if you can get a better price than just an inflated MSRP. Otherise it's an average deal IMO.

2012 F150FX Scab
2011 Scag 52" Vride
(3) Craftsman 42" riders
(1) John Deer 318 not working
(1) older Agrifab tow leaf sucker-upper, works good
(1) 2011 Echo Long shaft hedge trimmer
(1) 07' Honda single stage snow blower
(1) 2010 18" Echo chainsaw
(1) 2012 Husqvarna 326LS trimmer
(1) 2011 Ariens Pro 32" snow thrower
Old 12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommegang View Post
0% for 4 years is great if you can get a better price than just an inflated MSRP. Otherise it's an average deal IMO.
I emailed my dealer on it. I'll be able to get fleet pricing with 0%. Going to go over pricing next week on different engines with the 61" deck.