Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Ask me any SEO, online marketing and i will answer here..

I own and manage a landscaping business and the web has been very profitable and powerfull for me. You should defiantly have a facebook, page, youtube and if possible twitter. It took me over 2 years to learn how to me succesfull online as a landscaper so feel free ask me anything, and i will do my best to help you.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you get in the top 5 on Google in a big city you don't live in?
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 02-12-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle of Oil View Post
How do you get in the top 5 on Google in a big city you don't live in?
Can you be more specific? I can tell you what i would do, but before can you share what city and your main keyword? It also depends who your competitors are.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentross09 View Post
Can you be more specific? I can tell you what i would do, but before can you share what city and your main keyword? It also depends who your competitors are.
Keywords: Lawn Care, Lawn Care Service or Lawn Service

City: North Canton or even Akron Ohio
Old 02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

if i would go for North Canton lawn care, this should be a peice of cake to rank for.
Before going into any details can you tell me if you have any experience with SEO, online marketing?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I was curious, so I googled "Akron Lawn Care", and from my area (results can change based on your location), the lawn care site done by the company I used to work for came up first under the Map Links. They are pricey as all get out, but they do have people that eat/sleep/live SEO and I learned a lot in the years I worked there from their top SEO guy. I was only doing backend development and help with server management while there before moving to Columbus. (I did the backend programming of the Marketplace in your town, and three of their other company sites)

One thing they pushed big time (and we constantly saw it in results), the companies that were active in their SEO (content updates, blogs, social media) ranked great. Keep at it, it can be rough at first, but results for good working of the site will pay off!

-Greg
Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg8872 View Post
I was curious, so I googled "Akron Lawn Care", and from my area (results can change based on your location), the lawn care site done by the company I used to work for came up first under the Map Links. They are pricey as all get out, but they do have people that eat/sleep/live SEO and I learned a lot in the years I worked there from their top SEO guy. I was only doing backend development and help with server management while there before moving to Columbus. (I did the backend programming of the Marketplace in your town, and three of their other company sites)

One thing they pushed big time (and we constantly saw it in results), the companies that were active in their SEO (content updates, blogs, social media) ranked great. Keep at it, it can be rough at first, but results for good working of the site will pay off!

-Greg
Would you like to tell us which website was it that came up?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentross09 View Post
I own and manage a landscaping business and the web has been very profitable and powerfull for me. You should defiantly have a facebook, page, youtube and if possible twitter. It took me over 2 years to learn how to me succesfull online as a landscaper so feel free ask me anything, and i will do my best to help you.

Thanks
What market are you in? Are you in a Metro area? Town of 15,000 people? How big is the service area? 1/3/10 crews? Are you heavy into landscaping or maintenance?

Sharing some of that would help us compare info.

I'm light in the internet marketing/website department. Did you make a website off of wordpress, godady, etc? Or hire it out? I made one through Yahoo and working on a upgraded one through Wordpress. If you hired it out what was the cost per page about?

For facebook how did you get people to get on your page?
Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
What market are you in? Are you in a Metro area? Town of 15,000 people? How big is the service area? 1/3/10 crews? Are you heavy into landscaping or maintenance?

Sharing some of that would help us compare info.

I'm light in the internet marketing/website department. Did you make a website off of wordpress, godady, etc? Or hire it out? I made one through Yahoo and working on a upgraded one through Wordpress. If you hired it out what was the cost per page about?

For facebook how did you get people to get on your page?
Thank you djagusch for the reply,
Those are very good question
1. Yes i live in area over 100,000 people, and no im not heavy into landscaping, actually im very new compared to other people in the area. My primary business is renting storage units to other people.
However knowing some internet marketing helped me a lot.

2. Every website that i build now, is through wordpress and the theme i use its called SmallBizz one the best wordpress themes out there for local businesses. Take a look at it.

3. For facebook, i had a really basic page done, where most people got there from my main website.

But yeah deff move from yahoo to wordpress, it will help you rank much faster. How are your ranking on Google Pages?

Last edited by kentross09; 02-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll pm you soon.