What is your best account?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Bahia lawn that another LS member gave me two years ago after/as they retired because I guess he liked me. I stop mowing the lawn early to mid October and will mow it for the first time again this year next week but have collected checks from the lady.....picked up her neighbor this year too for just the front lawn with no trimming or edging. Takes a extra 2 minutes of mowing maybe. Total for these two accounts is $150 a month. In the heat of the summer they both take me and a helper less than 12 minutes form dropping the gate to pulling off and they are between two existing customers properties so we were driving by them anyway.

By the way if any other LS members are retiring and want to give me accounts I am more than happy to take them

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
My best account is the one who pays on time, and accepts my suggestions to maintain his property without debating or whining about cost.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
My best account is the one who pays on time, and accepts my suggestions to maintain his property without debating or whining about cost.

Yep, I don't have one best customer, All My customers are BEST or they aren't my customer very long.

But, like everyone I have that one super sweet deal I wish I had more of.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Member

From a supplier point of view. A good customer is one who is not afraid to ask a question. A great one will actually listen to the answer and not argue and cry if it is no the answer that they want to hear. Also it is great when they understand that it is not the cost per bag/bottle, it is the cost per thousand square ft. Calibrated equipment is always a plus. I really can't tell you how much to put in your tank if you have no idea how many gallons per thousand you are spraying...sorry.

To you guys, what makes a great supplier?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

In addition...great customers do pay as well. I love my customers that use their credit/debit cards. They are instant payment and I know I won't have to chase them.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillerstick View Post
From a supplier point of view. A good customer is one who is not afraid to ask a question. A great one will actually listen to the answer and not argue and cry if it is no the answer that they want to hear. Also it is great when they understand that it is not the cost per bag/bottle, it is the cost per thousand square ft. Calibrated equipment is always a plus. I really can't tell you how much to put in your tank if you have no idea how many gallons per thousand you are spraying...sorry.

To you guys, what makes a great supplier?
A great supplier does not try to sell me what is trendy or popular. He keeps in his inventory what works. Locally, I am known as the LCO that uses odd or less common products, or products that are normally only used by Ag/nursery. I would probably be your dream customer, because I order all of the expensive stuff. I also apply those products correctly as well. It is not applied per gallon, it is applied per acre or 1000 sq ft through precision equipment. I have two suppliers in my area that fit my needs. The other one is the total opposite of what I need in a supplier.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 03-03-2012, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I say it is the several small apartments I maintain. Get paid the same amount all year. only mow every two weeks. Trim the hedge maybe twice in a year, Only blow leaves in the Florida fall. (this time of year).
CON:These property's are terrible. Dry dirty dust bombs. Leaving my nose full of gunk every service.
Pro: For the size most would do it for more $. However really don't do much. Dollar for dollar they probably pay the best.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm coughing and blowing my nose. Just from posting about the property's :-)
Old 03-03-2012, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Member

My best client currently pays me about $15,000 a month and they pay on time. But my longest running client pays me $5,000 a month, but they have sent me a LOT of business over the years!!