Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

favorite fertilizers

Ok guys. I'm looking at pre buying a few pallets of fertilizer. I'm going to get some prices from a few dealers and see what things look like. I have an idea of what i like to use, but in the past have just asked what everyone has in stock and chosen from there based on price. I'd like to get a set fertilizer program so I can send out bids sheets and buy big orders 2-3 times a year.

For those who do this do you ask for price per bag or say you need 3 pallets and do the math?

What are the most common and favorite anylasis of fertilizer for fescue, bermuda, and centipede(I'm luck to have all 3!!). I like to apply 1 lb of N on fescue and bermuda 3 times a year and .5 lbs N on centipede 3 times a year.

I've used anything from 8-8-24(end of year), 16-4-8, 30-0-6, 22-8-16, 18-24-12(starter), and on and on. I'm not sure what type of N is best on different turf types and I like a good slow release. Micros on my centipede and 1 app on everything else.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Your using a 8-8-24 for the end of the year?!?!? I never order more than what I need, figure out the spread rate for each app as they will be differen't. Calculate what each yard will take then add it up at the end.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Ok guys. I'm looking at pre buying a few pallets of fertilizer. I'm going to get some prices from a few dealers and see what things look like. I have an idea of what i like to use, but in the past have just asked what everyone has in stock and chosen from there based on price. I'd like to get a set fertilizer program so I can send out bids sheets and buy big orders 2-3 times a year.

For those who do this do you ask for price per bag or say you need 3 pallets and do the math?

What are the most common and favorite anylasis of fertilizer for fescue, bermuda, and centipede(I'm luck to have all 3!!). I like to apply 1 lb of N on fescue and bermuda 3 times a year and .5 lbs N on centipede 3 times a year.

I've used anything from 8-8-24(end of year), 16-4-8, 30-0-6, 22-8-16, 18-24-12(starter), and on and on. I'm not sure what type of N is best on different turf types and I like a good slow release. Micros on my centipede and 1 app on everything else.
We buy from Agrium up here this year, blows JDL away, you might be able to get a good deal ordering round 1 and round 2 and 3 if you can store it, maybe get terms, that way they are comming out with one delivery with a lot of product. just a thought.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member