Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

which one????

I'm looking at getting a new .40 to CC with me while working. The 2 I'm most interested in is the compact XD and the glock 27. I've fired both and they are both great models but would be my first hand gun purchase. I can say that I'm leaning towards the XD as my grouping is better with it at 10 and 15 meters and I like the grip safety. I am looking for any input out there from someone with alot more experience than me.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Both are very good guns. The XD has a better feel for me because I have smaller hands. The Glock has a steeper grip angle and most people with large hands like that. Choose whatever feels more natural for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Get the one that is most comfortable, easy to use and most accurate in your hands. I like Glocks but I an average shot with one...most important if you plan to carry daily...get one small enough to conceal and make it part of your routine just like grabbing your wallet and keys.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck finding ammo now.
.40S&W can be pricey and with the reelection, prices will go up even more.

Just something to consider.

I really have nothing to help you decide.
I had a G27. Wasn't really any more easily concealed than my G19, ammo was expensive, and the recoil was unpleasant, so I sold it.

Nothing wrong with 9mm with modern ammunition. Nothing wrong with .40S&W either so long as you know why you are choosing it.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Good luck finding ammo now.
.40S&W can be pricey and with the reelection, prices will go up even more.

Just something to consider.

I really have nothing to help you decide.
I had a G27. Wasn't really any more easily concealed than my G19, ammo was expensive, and the recoil was unpleasant, so I sold it.

Nothing wrong with 9mm with modern ammunition. Nothing wrong with .40S&W either so long as you know why you are choosing it.
I agree, 9mm is just fine (and less expensive)...in fact, I choose to carry a Diamond Back Arms .380 (9mm short), I'm accurate with it, it's easy to put in my pocket and its super lightweight.

As far as ammo...9mm is more popular...can help/hurt when trying to find it. The plus side is its NATO. I reload so I have plenty.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-07-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
I agree, 9mm is just fine (and less expensive)...in fact, I choose to carry a Diamond Back Arms .380 (9mm short), I'm accurate with it, it's easy to put in my pocket and its super lightweight.

As far as ammo...9mm is more popular...can help/hurt when trying to find it. The plus side is its NATO. I reload so I have plenty.
Posted via Mobile Device
Its been awhile since I started this and it got put on the back burner till last night. I need to stock up before hand guns become a thing of the past. I've got several long guns and want to get another shotgun for the house but this is moving up the list. I most likely will be getting a 9mm after looking at ammo prices. Its also great that my wife is comfortable with it.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

They won't ban guns, trust me. They will however either tax them or the ammo to death, create artificial ammo shortages or limit the magazine capacity or the amount of guns per week/month/year. All they have to do to control them is make it expensive or difficult to own them.
Posted via Mobile Device