Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

How do I Get Rental Companies on Board

Anyone know how I should go about getting rental companies to entertain the idea of putting my track driven remote control lawn mowers (slope mowers) on their showroom floor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwright238 View Post
Anyone know how I should go about getting rental companies to entertain the idea of putting my track driven remote control lawn mowers (slope mowers) on their showroom floor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Probably contact all the bigger companies, if you'd want to move a lot of them. like Sunbelt? I dont know if they purchase straight out, work on commission of rental hours, payments etc. but im sure you could work out something so they could test the waters with them. People/contractors have to know theyre available to want to rent them though.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Sponsor

This would be a corporate decision at the top. I would contact all I could find, however they will more than likely Nickle and Dime you to death, the Liability Insurance to name
them on your policy will also be a big factor as to weather or not it would be profitable for them or not.
easy-lift guy
Old 11-21-2013, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

The issue is- "who will I rent it to?" I have a rental store in the mountains, so I'm a prime candidate to you I guess...but I can't see a market. Homeowner? Who's going to pay to rent it to finish mow a slope they can't ride? They weedeat it or let it grow up. Commercial? Maybe for one off jobs... But they'd be infrequent so youre talking very high grass...So if it's to be done often, all them rentals get expensive.

Not to be a pill, I'm not all negatives! I actually think its an intriguing product, you saw a problem and made a solution. But in my opinion, it's a machine the be owned, not rented. Commercial guys who have a steady account with a steep slope the aren't comfortable to ride each week, that's your target audience, as I see it. A homeowner willing to part with that much cash for your machine would be, I think, uncommon. if they have that much cash, they probably don't concern themselves with cutting their own grass! So, the commercial cutter buyer is your guy. So... Now you have to get by skepticism- who are you? How much? If I buy it whats my back up? Will you be around in 5 years? It takes a leap of faith to purchase a high price item from an unknown quantity. So...ever think of hawking the idea to one of the mowing big names? That would make the curb appeal jump up right away.

Again, great idea, and I hope you have the success you want!

Tags
remote controlled , rental companies , rental equipment