Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

this sucks!

well i come home today from vet at 12:30pm and truck and trailer with equipment gone some loser stole it. so now i am efectifly out of bizz. and i have no faith in north port pd to find it.

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

http://www.givemeliberty.org/
Old 06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've had Lco's steal my customers and they didn't seem to think much of it.

Last edited by herler; 06-07-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! That does suck.

Maybe some of the guys on here that are nearby can help out a bit. Maybe put up a new thread titled: "Urgently need help in North Port - Equipment Stolen" or something like that. I forget who it was but this happened to another member here and guys pooled together to help out with spare equipment. I don't think I can be much help from here.

Did you have theft insurance on any of the equipment? I imagine the truck was insured.

Good luck and hope you can get through this.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, sorry to hear the bro. I absolutely hate thieves. I hope they find them, and you get your stuff back. They oughta take thieves out to the dunes, shoot their lowlife scumbag asses and leave them for the gulls to feed on.

Being that the equipment was how you make a living, maybe they'll actually try to find them for you. I know in this state they take this kind of stuff more seriously/urgently than if it was just some equipment that you take care of your lawn at home with.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

full insurance on trailer only $25 per 6 months, state farm wanted $350 extra per month for comp and col on the truck deside not to since id not have the cash

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

http://www.givemeliberty.org/
Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier-Lawn View Post
full insurance on trailer only $25 per 6 months, state farm wanted $350 extra per month for comp and col on the truck deside not to since id not have the cash
Does liability cover your truck getting stolen? Or is that protected in comp an collision?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

liability covers theft
Old 06-07-2012, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

That really sucks. I jut started a new business here in SWFL, and today ordered two GPS trackers...one for the mower, and the other for the trailer itself. Initial cost was $250 per GPS unit (designed for mowers and trailers), and the monthly tracking program runs $19 monthly.

I know I would feel so violated if someone were to take off with trailer or the most expensive piece of equipment, even though I'm fully insured. So the GPS has features such as a pre-set area, and if the tracked equipment moves out of this area during a pre-set time period that I choose, it alerts me via email, text, and I can log on to view the immediate location of my gear.

I looked thru this site for the past few weeks, and really didn't see anything that was specific to mowers and trailers. The link to the product is www.trackersystems.net

While I hope I never have my equipment stollen, I also hope I will be able to enjoy catching/watching the arrest and conviction of the scumbags who do try, and the GPS system leads myself and LE right to their door.

Hope this link helps those with similar concerns.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

No liability does not cover theft, comprehesive does...fire, theft, storm damage, vandalism.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks dude but you got to have insurance man! I know it is expensive but look at what it would have saved you now. Hopefully you have learned your lesson and will not make this mistake again. I had a trailer with two exmark riders and a brand new exmark walkbehind stolen a few years ago. Cops looked forever and about three years later called and said we got one of your mowers back. They busted a ring of thieves that were stealing all kinds of equipment and quads and stuff. Insurance is part of doing business and honestly what if you would have hit someone or did something to a property that would have put you out of business as well. Got to cover your butt!!!