Register free!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Fla. Ag inspector doing their job and protecting my Lic.

Yep it is such a good feeling to know Fla Ag inspectors are doing their job and protecting the Certification and License I worked so hard for.

Every 3 Month or quarterly, The Fla Dept Of Agriculture publishes a List of all those who receive fines or stop work order for illegal activities with Pesticide in the last 3 months. The 2nd Quarter Disciplinary report is out and Lists all those caught for violations from April 5 to July 1 of 2012. Here is the Report so you can see for yourself the hard work our inspectors are doing.

http://www.flaes.org/pdf/Memo_882.pdf

Part of what makes My heart feel so good is I just paid a Total of $ 710 to renew both my agriculture and Commercial Certification and My Pesticide Business license. Not saying Insurance and CEU etc aren't an additional cost of Licensing. BUT, It is nice to know Fla Ag Inspector are on the Job. I always like to give credit where credit is due.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

From what I heard that there are only 4 inspectors in the state of Fla. I don't know if this can be true. A large fert business told me this. How do they know that you are not spraying a homemade mix of weed killer? I heard that they can bust you by just looking in your trailer for a spray tank. You don't even have to be spraying it to be caught.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The system is a damn joke, all these guys running around and spraying and landscaping, unlicensed and unbonded yet I get audited last year because I legally let my Ag bond expire (not doing much landscaping these days) they send me a nasty certified letter telling me what day and time they will be at my office for the audit. I provide all the records and 6 weeks later they send me a two sentence letter stating I am in compliance and the case is closed
Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
From what I heard that there are only 4 inspectors in the state of Fla. I don't know if this can be true. A large fert business told me this. How do they know that you are not spraying a homemade mix of weed killer? I heard that they can bust you by just looking in your trailer for a spray tank. You don't even have to be spraying it to be caught.
there are about 19 regions each having at least one inspector.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is still quite low. Only 19 inspectors to cover the state of Florida. Many in my area don't have a lic to spray.Most don't know that you
need one. They will probably never get caught.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Yep it is such a good feeling to know Fla Ag inspectors are doing their job and protecting the Certification and License I worked so hard for.

Every 3 Month or quarterly, The Fla Dept Of Agriculture publishes a List of all those who receive fines or stop work order for illegal activities with Pesticide in the last 3 months. The 2nd Quarter Disciplinary report is out and Lists all those caught for violations from April 5 to July 1 of 2012. Here is the Report so you can see for yourself the hard work our inspectors are doing.

http://www.flaes.org/pdf/Memo_882.pdf

Part of what makes My heart feel so good is I just paid a Total of $ 710 to renew both my agriculture and Commercial Certification and My Pesticide Business license. Not saying Insurance and CEU etc aren't an additional cost of Licensing. BUT, It is nice to know Fla Ag Inspector are on the Job. I always like to give credit where credit is due.

Come on Ric, you know better, that is "Public Health Agency Disciplinary Actions " NOT "Agency Disciplinary Actions Completed" which is not out yet for the last quarter, should be this week. Go to http://www.flaes.org/aes-ent/memorandums.html and if you look they are listed separately and never much on the "Public Health Agency Disciplinary Actions "
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 300 gallon Split Tank, D30 Pump, Honda 5.5
2006 Chevy Silverado 1500, 100 gallon tank, Pumptec 12v Pump
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

somebody help me out with this.. preferably the statutes etc.. Is it illegal to advertise pest control services being provided by another licensed company?

for example.. advertising on truck/website for fertilization/ or pest control but we do not do the applications or claim to.. just a referral to a company we use? thanks for the help
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
somebody help me out with this.. preferably the statutes etc.. Is it illegal to advertise pest control services being provided by another licensed company?

for example.. advertising on truck/website for fertilization/ or pest control but we do not do the applications or claim to.. just a referral to a company we use? thanks for the help
Sorry, You can't advertise Pest Control for an other company. You must be licensed in order to advertise Pest Control Services. Limited Licensed/ Roundup License can advertise weed control in beds and must make it clear they don't treat turf.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 07-10-2012, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Sorry, You can't advertise Pest Control for an other company. You must be licensed in order to advertise Pest Control Services. Limited Licensed/ Roundup License can advertise weed control in beds and must make it clear they don't treat turf.

that stinks, I wanted to advertise for my fert guy.. what if i include his company name.. can you reference the statute?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
that stinks, I wanted to advertise for my fert guy.. what if i include his company name.. can you reference the statute?

Mjlcare

After reading this post and your Credit Card post I have to ask how old are you and will you will graduate from high school this year of next???