Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-20-2012, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Totally Re-Designed my Facebook Page

Hey all,

Over the past 2 days, I have totally revamped my Facebook page and I think I have brought it to the next level! Take a look and let me know what you think!

Be sure to view these 3 tabs on my Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/kirkslawncare

Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The big concern would be the Call to action ("Enter Now") on the image which is against their rules for a cover image. Competition could see that then report your page calling their attention to it. Not sure what FB does (hopefully just remove the cover)
Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank You

Thanks Greg!

I was unaware of that restriction. I had to do some digging to find it so I don't know how much they enforce that rule. None the less, I removed the "call to action" and hopefully it will be fine.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
Thanks Greg!

I was unaware of that restriction. I had to do some digging to find it so I don't know how much they enforce that rule. None the less, I removed the "call to action" and hopefully it will be fine.
Yeah it used to be when you first added it, it told you about it, I actually had to go to HELP to see if it was still in effect.

Funny think is how many big companies break this rule themselves.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Very sharp. I need to make me one. I have tons of friends/family that could really spread my page around.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would dump the "Sweepstakes" as it brings in to play a variety of state/federal laws and requirements that you probably don't want to deal with. And then there are the Facebook guidelines you aren't following.

FB would be my biggest, and most immediate, concern because if they suspend your page you will be thrown in to trying to communicate with a company that is only rivaled by Google in terms of the 0.001% chance of dealing with actual non-sales human beings.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Funny, I had this tab sitting open but didn't refresh. Mine only had the OP's post. Leave it to the guy who is probably sitting two miles from me to weigh in as well. lol

I should add that I am referring to FB's specific policies they do have re: any contests/promos/sweepstakes, and not the image issue Greg pointed out.

https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
Old 07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
I should add that I am referring to FB's specific policies they do have re: any contests/promos/sweepstakes, and not the image issue Greg pointed out.

https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
I actually read the Facebook contest guidelines and it looks like I am in 100% compliance with their rules specified.

You have to "like" my facebook page in order to reveal the sweepstakes form. Then you will see the form, the disclaimers, and terms and conditions needed.

Last edited by kirkmbrown2001; 07-20-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 07-20-2012, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
I actually read the Facebook contest guidelines and it looks like I am in 100% compliance with their rules specified.

You have to "like" my facebook page in order to reveal the sweepstakes form. Then you will see the form, the disclaimers, and terms and conditions needed.
Kirk, it's not an If-Then statement. It needs to be up front, not after they do what you ask ("like" the page). The sweepstakes entry is predicated on liking the page, which is why it needs to be shown in advance. You just need to list the conditions/requirments/disclaimers under your "like us to enter the sweepstakes" banner.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tony, I don't think you fully understand how it is setup since you haven't actually liked my page to see it. It is not hidden like facebook's rules and regs are. You CANNOT enter or even view the form unless you like the page. There is no other way to enter or get around it. It is a marketing benefit for me so I can have constant communication with potential customers. "Fan-Gating" or liking to enter is the only incentive I have to give away free services. Without that, there wouldn't be much gain from this promotion. There is no need to see the terms and conditions until you are actually going to enter. For example, do you see the "vomit comet's" ride-specific rules in the parking lot of the amusement park before you even enter the amusement park. No, they wait until you are in line for that ride and then they give you the ride-specific rules. Same principle. If you look at my form, it is built in to the actual form where you have to type in your contact info. It is NOT linked to another page. The participant have to check a checkbox that says they have read and understand the terms and conditions. Whether they read it or not, that is out of my control but I made it very easy for them. Please like my page and view the form for more clarification.

I'm not meaning to beat you up because I value your opinions on a lot of other threads on this site and you are a very knowledgeable person. I just want you to see where I am coming from.

Tags
facebook , page , pages , tab , tabs