Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-09-2012, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Updated today!

I just updated my website today. The biggest changes were to my portfolio, newsletter, and hyperlink colors. I also changed some of the fonts so they would be easier to read. Check it out! http://integritylm.byethost7.com/index.html
Old 08-09-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Do you actually point your customers to that domain name or is this just a temporary development address? If it's what you planned to go with, you really need to buy a domain name.

In a quick Google search, I'm finding two different third-level domain names (www.integritylm.byethost7.com and www.integritylm.110mb.com), as well as integritylm.tk, and two distinctly different business addresses. This is not going to help your search results. And definitely clean up any citations to your business so that the address is the exact same everywhere.

- Add actual, descriptive page names (not page7.html, etc)

- From a search standpoint, your Services page is doing you no favors by having all of your offerings as an image. That, and the image is hard to read.

- The Employment page has the second most textual content, behind only your About Us page, but far ahead of your Services and Products page.

- Why all the image links to other sites on the bottom of the home page? At best, you're not setting any context as to what they are or why they're there. At worst, your getting people to your home page and quickly giving them other places to go that are not on your site.

- I don't really "get" the home page layout and content. Rather than intro'ing your company to a potentially new visitor, you're immediately giving a bit of your newsletter? Sell me on your company first, and then lead me to the other info.

- The Deal of the Month should have a stronger visual focus and placement.

- The Product page suffers from the same issues as the Home page. There's no context set. Educate your customer on what your offerings are and then have the catalog links available. As it is, it simply says, "Take your time browsing our digital catalogs." and sends people off in different directions.

- There's very little basic SEO on the site. In a quick skim, I don't think I saw a single H tag or descriptive page TITLE

- You spent quite a bit of time coming up with Meta Keywords (which are of zero value) but did not work in those same keywords into your content (which has great value).

- Your only phone number is found on the "Contact Us" page. You want that prominently (read: easy to find) on every page.

All in all, you're on the right path, just gotta address some things. Cheers.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Do you actually point your customers to that domain name or is this just a temporary development address? If it's what you planned to go with, you really need to buy a domain name.

In a quick Google search, I'm finding two different third-level domain names (www.integritylm.byethost7.com and www.integritylm.110mb.com), as well as integritylm.tk, and two distinctly different business addresses. This is not going to help your search results. And definitely clean up any citations to your business so that the address is the exact same everywhere.

- Add actual, descriptive page names (not page7.html, etc)

- From a search standpoint, your Services page is doing you no favors by having all of your offerings as an image. That, and the image is hard to read.

- The Employment page has the second most textual content, behind only your About Us page, but far ahead of your Services and Products page.

- Why all the image links to other sites on the bottom of the home page? At best, you're not setting any context as to what they are or why they're there. At worst, your getting people to your home page and quickly giving them other places to go that are not on your site.

- I don't really "get" the home page layout and content. Rather than intro'ing your company to a potentially new visitor, you're immediately giving a bit of your newsletter? Sell me on your company first, and then lead me to the other info.

- The Deal of the Month should have a stronger visual focus and placement.

- The Product page suffers from the same issues as the Home page. There's no context set. Educate your customer on what your offerings are and then have the catalog links available. As it is, it simply says, "Take your time browsing our digital catalogs." and sends people off in different directions.

- There's very little basic SEO on the site. In a quick skim, I don't think I saw a single H tag or descriptive page TITLE

- You spent quite a bit of time coming up with Meta Keywords (which are of zero value) but did not work in those same keywords into your content (which has great value).

- Your only phone number is found on the "Contact Us" page. You want that prominently (read: easy to find) on every page.

All in all, you're on the right path, just gotta address some things. Cheers.
I know I need a top-level domain. I have contacted 2 of the three hosters listed to cancel/delete my account, but they refuse to allow me to do so. What do you mean by an "h tag"?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'd recommend giving this a read, but pages 4-9 and 20 specifically relate to a couple of the issues I pointed out.

http://static.googleusercontent.com/...rter-guide.pdf
Old 08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

tonygreek is right. I would also reconsider the use of “black” background. It is hard to read. The use of black is usually reserved for artistic sites and photographers. I would definitely add more content to the site that is related to the main services you offer.

Good luck!