Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Please review my product selling at WW Grainger for fall cleanups

Hello everyone,

I'm going to make this as short as possible. I just signed on with this site as a sponsor so that I can share my product with you. I'm just a small time entrepreneur/inventor that was lucky enough to have WW Grainger see value in my product. I am now an authorized supplier of theirs, which is a great honor of mine to be affiliated with them. You can find my product, the Slap-on attachment, on their website, www.grainger.com, and typing "slap-on" in the search field. It was just added to their product lineup this month, so all of the required and optional accessories for the product have to still be worked out. Its purpose is to assist you in fall cleanups and other cleanups that might require raking or sweeping.

The attachment works on Grainger's 48 and 55 gallon Tough Guy
square receptacles, product #s 5DMV5 and 6YLP6. The item number for ordering the can liners from Grainger is 5XL60. They are 42.5" wide by 48" long, 1.1 mil in thickness, low density, and 56-gallon capacity can liners. You can reference my web page, www.slapon.net, to get a better understanding of the Slap-on attachment's use. A frequent poster here has tried the product and may be willing to share with you his experiences. I'll have to check with him though before I let you know if it's alright.

Please let me know what you think. Your opinions are very important to me and I will respond to every inquiry. I'll also apologize up front that you will probably be seeing a lot of posts from me because it is so important that I share my message about this product. Also, please share this information with anyone that may be interested in the product.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 2,435
I can grab an old bungee cord around the top outside of the pail.

Tie a knot in the corner of the bag so it doesn't fall in.

Both are free to me.

But you have a clever idea think it will make you some money from home onwers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
I can grab an old bungee cord around the top outside of the pail.

Tie a knot in the corner of the bag so it doesn't fall in.

Both are free to me.

But you have a clever idea think it will make you some money from home onwers.
Problem with a bungee cord is that it does not allow the air to release between the wall of the receptacle and the bag itself, causing a ballooning effect. It shuts off your opening. Plus it takes awhile to attach the bungee. Also, you're likely using a round receptacle, which will roll side to side when you set it on its side. Also, there is very little of the lip of a round receptacle that will touch the ground. With Grainger's receptacle you have a 23"x23" opening to plow your debris in. The 23" is approximately the width of the rake prongs, a huge opening. You can fill a 55 gallon bag in 20 seconds and it doesn't take any time at all to set up. You put your bag in the receptacle, slap the attachment over a side and tip the receptacle over on its opposite side. If you look at my website, you will see that I filled 18 fifty five gallon bags in 30 minutes with little effort
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Problem with a bungee cord is that it does not allow the air to release between the wall of the receptacle and the bag itself, causing a ballooning effect. It shuts off your opening. Plus it takes awhile to attach the bungee. Also, you're likely using a round receptacle, which will roll side to side when you set it on its side. Also, there is very little of the lip of a round receptacle that will touch the ground. With Grainger's receptacle you have a 23"x23" opening to plow your debris in. The 23" is approximately the width of the rake prongs, a huge opening. You can fill a 55 gallon bag in 20 seconds and it doesn't take any time at all to set up. You put your bag in the receptacle, slap the attachment over a side and tip the receptacle over on its opposite side. If you look at my website, you will see that I filled 18 fifty five gallon bags in 30 minutes with little effort
I ran out of time before I could add text in my original post, so I had to repost. Sorry. To continue on, Grainger doesn't sell products for individuals. They serve industry, mostly all industry.

By the time you tie your bag tight around the opening of your receptacle and put the bungee cord on, you would likely have filled up a 55 gallon bag and have been moving on to another. You need to understand that it is practically unheard of that a company the size of Grainger would even intertain the thought of taking a phone call from an individual inventor/entrepreneur, like me, let alone to add them as a supplier. There is a reason that they brought my product along, and it's not because it will appeal to some homeowners. They see value in the product and it's evidenced in the price they've placed on it, $31.85. That's the price they determined they should sell it for, not me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2012, 01:12 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Problem with a bungee cord is that it does not allow the air to release between the wall of the receptacle and the bag itself, causing a ballooning effect. It shuts off your opening. Plus it takes awhile to attach the bungee. Also, you're likely using a round receptacle, which will roll side to side when you set it on its side. Also, there is very little of the lip of a round receptacle that will touch the ground. With Grainger's receptacle you have a 23"x23" opening to plow your debris in. The 23" is approximately the width of the rake prongs, a huge opening. You can fill a 55 gallon bag in 20 seconds and it doesn't take any time at all to set up. You put your bag in the receptacle, slap the attachment over a side and tip the receptacle over on its opposite side. If you look at my website, you will see that I filled 18 fifty five gallon bags in 30 minutes with little effort
Pin hole, no more vent problems. Same when using a knot.

I also have a large metal close pin type clamps. Again free to me.

Still wish you luck.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2012, 01:54 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Pin hole, no more vent problems. Same when using a knot.

I also have a large metal close pin type clamps. Again free to me.

Still wish you luck.
I appreciate your wishing me well. Take care.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Pressedun Pressedun is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 32,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
I can grab an old bungee cord around the top outside of the pail.

Tie a knot in the corner of the bag so it doesn't fall in.

Both are free to me.

But you have a clever idea think it will make you some money from home onwers.
I think home owners would love this product as well as those that run businesses in city areas as it's harder to dispose of things.

I just throw everything into my dump truck and take it to a dump where the grass is left to break down and wood/leaves/cardboard or anything of that sort is burned.
__________________



2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2013 Chevy Silverado 3500 4x4 Dump
2005 Chevy Silverado 1500
2013 7x16 Big Tex
2010 6x10 Big Tex
Buyers 2YD Poly Spreader
52" Scag Cheetah
48" Exmark Turf Tracer
48" Exmark Viking
18HP Little Wonder Vac
Toro Snowblowers
Stihl Handhelds


www.prestonlawnscapes.com

My work - http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351577&page=13
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,920
I had nine bags packed so tight that I could hardly pick them up to get them out to the street. The only problem is I had to throw out any pieces that could rip the bags...

I do llike your product and since I am headed up to grainger to get some brass punches I will buy one.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:57 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I had nine bags packed so tight that I could hardly pick them up to get them out to the street. The only problem is I had to throw out any pieces that could rip the bags...

I do llike your product and since I am headed up to grainger to get some brass punches I will buy one.
Thanks so much for doing that and let me know how everyting goes.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
I think home owners would love this product as well as those that run businesses in city areas as it's harder to dispose of things.

I just throw everything into my dump truck and take it to a dump where the grass is left to break down and wood/leaves/cardboard or anything of that sort is burned.
Well, can't argue with that. That is a good way to do it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.15368 seconds with 8 queries