Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Best way of picking up leaf removal jobs?

Well guys leaves are starting to fall here in Indiana and I am wanting to pick up some leaf removals. In the past I have always focused on commercial account and none of them have any leaves really. Since I have always focused on commercial I don't have very many residential accounts I can sell fall clean ups to. I am looking for a way to sell new customers on this service and don't really know how to go about it other than driving around and knocking on doors or doing fliers. I thought about a newspaper ad but I think that is hit or miss at best. I have thought about doing a billboard or something like that as well. I am drawing a blank on this for some reason and I am usually good about marketing my company. I don't really have the time it would take to pass out fliers but maybe I could hire a high school kid. Thanks for any advise.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
Well guys leaves are starting to fall here in Indiana and I am wanting to pick up some leaf removals. In the past I have always focused on commercial account and none of them have any leaves really. Since I have always focused on commercial I don't have very many residential accounts I can sell fall clean ups to. I am looking for a way to sell new customers on this service and don't really know how to go about it other than driving around and knocking on doors or doing fliers. I thought about a newspaper ad but I think that is hit or miss at best. I have thought about doing a billboard or something like that as well. I am drawing a blank on this for some reason and I am usually good about marketing my company. I don't really have the time it would take to pass out fliers but maybe I could hire a high school kid. Thanks for any advise.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would still start with the commercial accounts. Each company you service has employees, including the owners of the companies. Reach out to them and see if they would be willing to refer you to other opportunities or recommend your services to others, especially if they are happy with your service to begin with. Perhaps, create a brochure explaining your services and ask the business owners to hand them out to their employees. Other than that, get involved with business organizations, such as your area's Lions Club, Kiwanis, etc. Networking is key.