Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jobber

For those of you using jobber:

I have been using quickbooks and plan to continue using quickbooks for the all the financial data.

Do you guys still send invoices from QB or did you start sending them from jobber. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on making the switch as far as invoicing goes.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is there anybody using Jobber?
Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I use service autopilot.... more complete than Jobber. If you havent started with Jobber it may be worth your time to look into service autopilot and speak with them about their new update.

Picture Perfect Landscapes
http://www.pictureperfectlandscapes.com
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What would you say the biggest benefits to ASP are?

Are there any guys in here using Jobber?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2012, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Um... thats a long list my friend.

For maintenance:
Easiest scheduling and routing. Takes 2-3 minutes tops to get everything ready for the day.
Automatic invoicing.
Client portal systems - which is GREAT! Get paid faster and keep in touch with your clients better.
Job times are easily calculated with a digital route sheet on your phone. Just hit "Start" & "stop"
Ability to e-mail clients based off a service, or a service day making it easy to alert, say wednesdays clients they will all be rescheduled to thursday due to a storm or truck malfunction.

Estimating system is still improving, but the more time you put into setting up all of your services and products and I mean everything, it makes putting estimates together blazing fast.

Furthermore, you can set up estimate templates specifically for certain services. Then all you have to do is enter in the qty and labor times and boom done.

So you could have template for mulch installs, season flower exchanges or initial install, landscape renovation, lawn renovations, etc etc etc. Each one allowing you to click a button and have most of the estimate already done.

The other big thing with estimate is the ability to set up pricing how you want. You can base it off of qty and rate or visits or all of the above. Furthermore you can set up a price matrix using as many levels as you would like. We all do this and this makes it simple without having to remember it or keep a sheet with you.

For example on seasonal color exchanges you might charge $27 in labor per 18 ct. tray including all materials except flowers (they would never change because the cost is the cost) So your base might be $27 for 1-5 flats. Then $25 for 6-10, $23 for 11-20, and $21 for 21+. The program keeps up with everything so you would have your template set up with all your different annuals you plant and then a line item for you labor. You would enter your qty of each annual and total quantity of flats for the labor and boom its done.

I literally could go on and on about the features.

All that being said it has never been as polished as a product like clip or quickbooks, but it is the most industry specific (our industry) I have ever seen without spending 5k and having updates that cost over 500 and then you still need tons of inhouse training.

The new update will definitely push it over the top of pretty much everything out there. Its definitely not perfect. You will find bugs, but when you tell them they fix them and usually pretty quickly.

Hope that helps.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

what is the going rate for the service auto pilot I'm reluctant to "get the tour and pricing" because I don't care to give out my contact info and start the chain of emails and phone calls from sales reps. jobber was priced affordable to me but after trying it it wasn't quite fully cooked for an operation like mine. i'm hopng they'll eventually get the few features that I found key setup and running.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

All their prices are on the website.

I use the top option, I think it may be called "Pro" which is $79/mo. + I also use the client portal which another $19.95/mo.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

http://www.lawnservicesoftware.com/Pricing.aspx

dont have to enter your e-mail for pricing info...

Old 09-21-2012, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen and played with the new update and it is looking good. SAP guys work hard. Customer service is #1. Jobber has a ways to go but i think they are on the right track as long as they have money backing them.
Posted via Mobile Device