Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New 72 Super z owners Please help

I would like to know how well the new Super Z pulls hills while mowing and how high of grass will it cut without bogging down and does the deck cut tall bahai as well as the old XR 7,thanks for any help.

Hustler has really got some good deals like 0 for 48.

One last thing how does it ride stock compared to the old Super?
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One last ? how does it hold a hill compared to the old style super,my XR7 72 does great but the new mower is heavier so I am a little concerned.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i got a 37/72, pulls hills and hangs on the side of them great, just about can use it for a brushog.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
i got a 37/72, pulls hills and hangs on the side of them great, just about can use it for a brushog.
Is it the best Z you have ever owned ?, most all dealer's tell me the mower is by far the finest Z ever made from several perspectives, The Hustler finance deal stops at the end of the month so I am tempted to get one.

My Super 72 2008 holds hills awesome if I were to buy one I would have them deliver it where I can see how well it does on hills compared to the old one. 200 pounds extra is not good for some of these slopes I do but when I tried a 60 at the dealer today it was like a Ferrari as in zoom.
It would for sure be Dino's Ferrari's mower.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

these new hustlers to me are a lot better than the older models.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
these new hustlers to me are a lot better than the older models.
How is the ride stock compared to the old one, one outfit told me they did not like it at speed stock and said the old XR7 was more forgiving. He claimed you could not mow at 15 because the mower would chatter shake bad so you could not utilize the speed like the old one. If so I wonder if the solid front wheels are the culprit?

The demo I used today had flex forks so I wonder if they are pushing it as a band aid stock to solve a possible problem? They may have taken all the flex out of the chasses and the added weight does make a machine beat you more or is this just in my head and he was full of BS the guy who told me this?

I think I did notice how stiff the machine was,just solid as hell, a tank feeling.But it did not feel as solid as say the Cub Cadet Tank!

Thanks for helping.

Last edited by Realslowww; 10-06-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
How is the ride stock compared to the old one, one outfit told me they did not like it at speed stock and said the old XR7 was more forgiving. He claimed you could not mow at 15 because the mower would chatter shake bad so you could not utilize the speed like the old one. If so I wonder if the solid front wheels are the culprit?

The demo I used today had flex forks so I wonder if they are pushing it as a band aid stock to solve a possible problem? They may have taken all the flex out of the chasses and the added weight does make a machine beat you more or is this just in my head and he was full of BS the guy who told me this?

I think I did notice how stiff the machine was,just solid as hell, a tank feeling.But it did not feel as solid as say the Cub Cadet Tank!

Thanks for helping.
The person you talked to has a mower problem. I've been running most of the afternoon full stick, and would not want a better riding, or smoother operating mower. The added weight and longer wheel base alone will make my 72 ride much better than yours, and I know this for a fact from comparing it side by side with my 66. The lighter weight and shorter wheel base on my old mower and yours produces a little choppier ride in comparison to the added weight and longer wheel base of the newly designed Super Z.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
The person you talked to has a mower problem. I've been running most of the afternoon full stick, and would not want a better riding, or smoother operating mower. The added weight and longer wheel base alone will make my 72 ride much better than yours, and I know this for a fact from comparing it side by side with my 66. The lighter weight and shorter wheel base on my old mower and yours produces a little choppier ride in comparison to the added weight and longer wheel base of the newly designed Super Z.
Ok thanks but I believe you may be wrong about weight making the machine ride softer,weight allows a machine to transmit more of the energy to the driver.

I know this from racing motorcycles.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Ok thanks but I believe you may be wrong about weight making the machine ride softer,weight allows a machine to transmit more of the energy to the driver.

I know this from racing motorcycles.
I had a Bad Boy Lightning for a few weeks and it rode very good with the front rubber shock suspension. I was then brought the larger AOS model which is heavier and had the four wheel rubber shock suspension, and the longer wheel base, heavier AOS rode considerably better than the shorter wheel base, lighter weight Lightning, and now my heavier, longer wheel base Super Z rides better than my older model Super Z. I would say this is not guessing about it if does, or if it does not, it has been proven through physical testing. Heavier means the little bumps want make the mower jump as much as would the lighter machine.

I use to drive a 155 self-propelled howitzer in the army, and you could take a long wheel base truck, and I don't care what size, and drive it down a rough dirt road, the truck would beat you to death, but I could take the 55 ton howitzer, and run it in the same place at 40 mph and never feel any of those same bumps, so yes, weight does make for a better ride in most instances.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You may want to talk with greenology. He has a thread going under General Green Industry Discussions. He is not happy with his new Super Z.

Every dealer says their brand is the best. Thats their job.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GMLC; 10-06-2012 at 09:23 PM.