Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Compact Tractor???? Need 411

Hey all,

Looking to buy a 25-28HP compact tractor. Anyone know anything about Mahindra? I have a huge Hindra dealer here and they seem to be pretty nice. Whats everyone use, what is the best, looking for a tractor made buy it's MFG, i.e. Kubota or Mahindra. I've only used Bota's and they are definitely nice but according to Mahindra's website they say the Hindy's have more break away force. I will be using this for basically all round landscape jobs, so the loader is important as well as the 3 point hitch. Only interested in HST's....

Thanks

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I havent heard much about these either. But I have used all different sizes of Kubotas and have not had any problems. Slightly used you can find pretty darn good deals on them.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Compact Tractor???? Need 411

Got 2 friends bought them. Warranties are great, hoods are metal. But how they hold up not sure.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Most of the big names build good tractors,deere,new holland,kioiti,cub cadet. But there is a reason that kubota owns the cut market!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a new Mahindra 5010. Ive put 200hrs on it since may. I love it. No issues great dealer service.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My New Holland dealer carries Mahindra now that NH CUT's are built by LS Tractor. They're not too thrilled with the LS models but service manager says that the Mahindra's are pretty tough.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Been looking at the 28 Max, any idea what i should be paying for one with a loader? My Hindy dealer also sells cars and he sells them like a car. Let me show you our invoice BS stuff. His invoice shows 14,100 with a 28 HP Diesel w/loader but that doesn't mean they paid that. I'd like to see the payment stub but we all know that's not going to happen.

Anyhow, where are the Mahindra's made? I saw on an 1816 Made in Japan buy i also read these were made in india. Any compacts made in the USA?

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 10-21-2012, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Been looking at the 28 Max, any idea what i should be paying for one with a loader? My Hindy dealer also sells cars and he sells them like a car. Let me show you our invoice BS stuff. His invoice shows 14,100 with a 28 HP Diesel w/loader but that doesn't mean they paid that. I'd like to see the payment stub but we all know that's not going to happen.

Anyhow, where are the Mahindra's made? I saw on an 1816 Made in Japan buy i also read these were made in india. Any compacts made in the USA?
you might want to venture over to tractorbynet.com great info there

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We purchased a John deere 2320 this year and love it! Havent looked back since. Great "beginners tractor" We use it on all of our small scaled landscape jobs. Very Powerful... tears our bushes and everything....
We laid 25 yards of mulch 2 guys with this in 2.5 hours! just last weekend. i was impressed.

Also you can put many different 3 pts on here.

Not our pic but here is one
Old 10-22-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
We purchased a John deere 2320 this year and love it! Havent looked back since. Great "beginners tractor" We use it on all of our small scaled landscape jobs. Very Powerful... tears our bushes and everything....
We laid 25 yards of mulch 2 guys with this in 2.5 hours! just last weekend. i was impressed.

Also you can put many different 3 pts on here.

Not our pic but here is one
I have that exact tractor without the bucket or backhoe deal since I don't need them.. A 2011. I aerated five acres today pulling a Ryan aerator.

Great unit and Deere always has zero financing.