Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

12.7 acre bid

I have been asked to bid 12.7 total acres one property has 2.7 another has 4.8 and another has 5.2. They are all within 1/4 mile of each other and the owner has a storage unit on site to store Fert and my equipment if i can not get it all in one day. I will have to drive 45min from my normal area in town. They are apartments but have some spots that are 1.5acres of green space so open and quick. I will use my Z on most and a hose on some hill areas. The properties have not been sprayed or fertilized for the past 3 years and not much irrigation all the irrigation is working now. I like to use a 1.25 lbs of N at a 50% slow now if i order $18.50 a bag trying to talk them down a little. I will use Specticle for a Pre-M at 6.5oz per acre now and in the spring.
I know $ can vary but what is a good ball park for the Southern States Would you have a fixed app price or vary your Pre-M 2 apps and Fert 4 apps.

Ideas

Training them early
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like too much nitrogen to me. And 50 percent slow release is costly--its better for the turf, but I doubt the customer would appreciate it. What kind of grass? Bermuda? Is the fall pre-em for poa problems? Would you be better off to apply two pre-emergents in spring and summer?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Sounds like too much nitrogen to me. And 50 percent slow release is costly--its better for the turf, but I doubt the customer would appreciate it. What kind of grass? Bermuda? Is the fall pre-em for poa problems? Would you be better off to apply two pre-emergents in spring and summer?
Yes it is Bermuda and I use a 50% on all my properties that will not change. I do not know about the poa but the Pre-M will kill it. So far I have only used a fall and Spring ap and have had good luck. Thanks for responding but for this many acres what type of price range should i look at? A big one is I do not need the work but if I pick this up it could lead to many other of the same size so I would have to get a crew to work it and that is another topic of head aches.

Training them early
Old 11-01-2012, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I would figure chemical cost and labor then mark up to make its worth your time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I came up with $5600 in material for the job. This includes enough post emerge to blanket treat the property one time with Celsius. With that said, based off the information thats here, I would price the job at anywhere from 13,335 to 18230 per year. I would figure on a two day allotment per application. First price is 1.5 times cost of material and 40 dollars per hour labor, second price is 1.5 cost of material and 85 dollars per per hour labor.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry but I am going to be a little cynical here and blast the idea of this Post .

I don't understand how Anyone can expect a correct Bid answer from People in other areas of the country when we don't know the CLIMATE, the SOIL's REQUIREMENTS, The COST OF GOODS IN YOUR AREA AND YOUR DISCOUNT LEVEL or The Current COMPETITION'S PRICING.

My suggestion is to calculate YOUR Cost including Labor and Add a Profit margin. If your don't get the Bid at least you don't lose money from bidding too low and therefore winning by not losing.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Sorry but I am going to be a little cynical here and blast the idea of this Post .

I don't understand how Anyone can expect a correct Bid answer from People in other areas of the country when we don't know the CLIMATE, the SOIL's REQUIREMENTS, The COST OF GOODS IN YOUR AREA AND YOUR DISCOUNT LEVEL or The Current COMPETITION'S PRICING.

My suggestion is to calculate YOUR Cost including Labor and Add a Profit margin. If your don't get the Bid at least you don't lose money from bidding too low and therefore winning by not losing.

Ric you are a good guy and you know what all I do outside of this but superscapes is right. I have not bid on such a large property and was looking for ideas out side of my normal. I will not loss money.
By the way me are selling the 50's and have two Challenger 300 nice and new.

Training them early
Old 11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
Ric you are a good guy and you know what all I do outside of this but superscapes is right. I have not bid on such a large property and was looking for ideas out side of my normal. I will not loss money.
By the way me are selling the 50's and have two Challenger 300 nice and new.
$4 per 1000 sq ft is the going rate in west ga, for a property of that size. Hard to make good money at the big ones. That's why I love the 3-5k yards.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Honestly there is nothing wrong with what he is asking. He asked us to turn in pricing based off the info he has given. He didn't ask us to write a program and price it. Some of you get to uptight on forums. We are here to help each other. I have no problem giving out my pricing on the Internet. Eventually my competitors WILL find out. If he takes my bid or your bid and turns it in well that's his fault. However maybe we can help his thought process.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No way will I do it for that
Posted via Mobile Device