Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
recycledsole recycledsole is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 2,113
Stihl BR550 or BR600 blower?

hey guys, i dont see any difference in the specs of the br blowers from stihl's website.
im comparing the
br550
and the
br600 magnum

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/blo...ional-blowers/

only difference in specs i see is that the br600 is .2lbs lighter

what am i missing?

thanks alot
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
TempleLawnCare TempleLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern, Mi
Posts: 204
Husqvarna 580bts .......they should call it a jetpack!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Puddle of Oil's Avatar
Puddle of Oil Puddle of Oil is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Akron/Canton Ohio
Posts: 1,193
My handheld can push more leaves then the 550 can.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Gemma View Post
I get paid to keep the property looking good. It is not hard what we do like anything else in life, added will power, desire and the ability to look for solutions not excuses then you will succeed.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM
yardguy28 yardguy28 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
hey guys, i dont see any difference in the specs of the br blowers from stihl's website.
im comparing the
br550
and the
br600 magnum

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/blo...ional-blowers/

only difference in specs i see is that the br600 is .2lbs lighter

what am i missing?

thanks alot
I went with the 600 magnum. not sure I even checked out the 550.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle of Oil View Post
My handheld can push more leaves then the 550 can.
don't make up stories just because you have something against stihl.

there isn't a handheld on the market that will out blow a backpack. even staying with the stihl brand there handhelds won't out blow even there smallest backpack.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I went with the 600 magnum. not sure I even checked out the 550.



don't make up stories just because you have something against stihl.

there isn't a handheld on the market that will out blow a backpack. even staying with the stihl brand there handhelds won't out blow even there smallest backpack.
Actually there are handhelds that will outblow the small cheapie backpack blowers.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 PM
yardguy28 yardguy28 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Actually there are handhelds that will outblow the small cheapie backpack blowers.
that could be.....

but a stihl handheld will not out blow a stihl backpack.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2012, 07:44 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
that could be.....

but a stihl handheld will not out blow a stihl backpack.
The bg86 specs are better than the br200.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Puddle of Oil's Avatar
Puddle of Oil Puddle of Oil is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Akron/Canton Ohio
Posts: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post



don't make up stories just because you have something against stihl.
Lol, I have / had 4 stihl product's. BG85, br 600, fs90 and my br550 was stolen a couple years back. The 550 getting stolen was a blessing in disguise, the power was pretty disappointing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Gemma View Post
I get paid to keep the property looking good. It is not hard what we do like anything else in life, added will power, desire and the ability to look for solutions not excuses then you will succeed.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I went with the 600 magnum. not sure I even checked out the 550.



don't make up stories just because you have something against stihl.

there isn't a handheld on the market that will out blow a backpack. even staying with the stihl brand there handhelds won't out blow even there smallest backpack.
My BG85 outblows an ole Echo PB series backpack...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 PM
TempleLawnCare TempleLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern, Mi
Posts: 204
Look at the size of the tube and the construction of the Husqvarna compared to the BR-Models
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/blowers/580bts/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.09602 seconds with 7 queries