Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-07-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New Volvo ctl is sweeeet!

I got to demo one of the new volvo skid steers and Man this thing was nice! Of course I had the luxury model with the enclosed cab and a/c and heat with the radio cranked up. I really really like it though, great visibility, good traction, fat tracks, plenty of power to do what I need it to.

Are there any known issues with Volvo? I'm nervous about the single arm design

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Any pics?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

It's a rebadged JCB, only the decals are unique to Volvo, it has a JCB engine, etc. I looked at one earlier in the year and liked the visibility, not sure how the single arm would hold up in heavy pushing/lifting. At one time JCB had a lifetime boom warranty, not sure if that's still in play.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Face palm... Look one thread down and you will get your answer I never liked the jcb's to begin with
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailboardtech View Post
Face palm... Look one thread down and you will get your answer I never liked the jcb's to begin with
Posted via Mobile Device
We don't know yet if it's an isolated set of issues with a particular machine or problem with whole line up. Not ready to condemn entire lineup over one machines (albeit inconvenient) problems.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They offer an available lifetime warranty on the arm for additional money. I dont think the single arm is where you need to be worried. They have been doing this mono arm long enough that, I think they have that figured out.

JCB has struggled building a machine that people want to buy. Their older machines were plagued with issues. They invested heavily in this new series. There is the one machine that Yellow Dog is referencing on here that is having issues and he is right, that does not condemn the whole lineup. However historically JCB has struggled in this market, partly due to building a shitty machine. So if you have a strong dealer that you know has your back if this machine turns into a turd, maybe I would entertain the JCB/Volvo. Just know that you will see twice the depreciation rate of an established machine. There is no doubt these machines are more safe than other skid steers. I can see some applications where that alone would sell the machine.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
I got to demo one of the new volvo skid steers and Man this thing was nice! Of course I had the luxury model with the enclosed cab and a/c and heat with the radio cranked up. I really really like it though, great visibility, good traction, fat tracks, plenty of power to do what I need it to.

Are there any known issues with Volvo? I'm nervous about the single arm design
It's your money spend like you want, but as I stated in the other thread Why would you buy it? It has no advantage other than the door. It would be like buying your new house because it had the prettiest door?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
It's your money spend like you want, but as I stated in the other thread Why would you buy it? It has no advantage other than the door. It would be like buying your new house because it had the prettiest door?
the side door is a pretty big plus when it comes to safety and convenience. no climbing over attachments and whatnot.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
the side door is a pretty big plus when it comes to safety and convenience. no climbing over attachments and whatnot.
Yes and no. I could also be an inconvienice. Imagine if you where working next too a building or structure. Thats just one scenario and there are many more.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
Yes and no. I could also be an inconvienice. Imagine if you where working next too a building or structure. Thats just one scenario and there are many more.
True, and that door is about as long as the door on a 76 chevy Camaro.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.