Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Fire ant treatment in beds and lawn?

When you give a quote or do a fire ant treatment are you only treating the lawn or the entire property beds and all? I've always just don the lawn but this customer is asking for both.

I ask cause I've got a bid and they are asking for very specific breakdowns of services. They are trying to see what they can afford to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-08-2012, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

IMO, if you don't treat all areas, you are spinning your wheels. All areas except Koy ponds and swimming pools are treated when I apply. Winter gets cold enough here that they seek out heat sources such as landscape lighting and things that hold radiant heat such as stones that are used in landscaping. I automatically add 2000 sq. ft to the lawn area when pricing Fire Ant apps to the customer over the phone so all areas and material costs are covered.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Full property treatments are the way to go or as stated above they will move to the beds.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks guys.

Our lawns average about 12k and with beds added I would think treated area would be closer to 15-16k on average. Now I have some 5k lawns and some 40k.

Being that this is something people are asking about it seems to be an add on service on the rise. So from an entry stand point it seems topchoice would be a great "starter" product or maybe even some type of monthly mound treatments? I'd love to do something like ric does and treat every 60 days with a bifen mix, but I don't have a skid or ability to apply very high volumes of water. Seems I need to build a fire ant clientiel and then assess the situation.