Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

picking out a new company name

Ive been in this game for 4 years, and I have decided that "zack's lawn service" isnt what I really want my business to be called. Im not good at all at this sort of stuff, so does anyone have any ideas? What I do is lawn care, landscaping installs, tractor work with just a bush hog and discs, pressure washing, leaf/debris cleanup, and welding on the side. And I want a name that reflects who I am, because (know this is corny) but I genuinely enjoy lawn care and landscaping and I genuinely enjoy satisfying my customers, not because when their satisfied, I get paid, but because it makes me feel good when a person is happy about the job I did.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Zack
Old 11-15-2012, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's funny. I decided the same thing this year. I'm not gonna tell you what I changed it to, but I will tell you that my previous name was exactly like yours "my first name's lawn service". This happened because I didn't really intend on it growing as large as it did. I never thought I would make a career out of it.

A helpful hint that drove me to pick my current name is that in order to describe everything I do I had to use a very broad name. It also leaves me with the ability to expand into other services or get rid of services that don't provide enough revenue.

My only other hint is to not use corny cliche names. There are names that we have all heard and seen (i'm too scared to mention any because I don't want to offend). Just because someone isn't using it in your area doesn't mean it's time to go grab up that dba because someone else hasn't.

Wish I could be of more help. I just struggled with this myself. You'll find something that fits.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

check with your state's business department for ficticious name registration. you should be able to search to see if your new name has been chosen already.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

https://www.google.com/search?q=buzz...hrome&ie=UTF-8 < a good place to start brainstorming. i ened up going with Oasis Lawn Care

or first letter of first name first letter of last name. There is one here called CD Lawn. D & J lawn. you could use your last name depending on what it is, one here called Devisser Lawn. huge company
Old 11-17-2012, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I see nothing wrong with "Zacks" Or "Zacks Lawn Service"...or maybe "Zacks the Best Services", "Call Zacks", "Brother Zacks", "Cousin Zacks", "Slow Zack" , "Happy Zacks", "Fearless Zacks", "Zack Cuts It", "Fat Zacks Landscape Services", "Mowin' Zack", "Honest Zack", "Mow More Zack", "Friendly Zack", "Smilin Zack Landscape Service", "Easy Zack's landscape Service". "Mr Zacks Lawn maintenance".
You cannot put all your talents into the business name--you have to list your services on the second line of your business card.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ZLS Lawn Care