Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Invoicing and management software??

I'm currently expanding my part-time operation. I had been doing my invoicing, schedules and record keeping on my laptop but doing it with spreadsheets I had set up, notebooks, etc. That was fine for a few customers, but now I am in need of something better. I'm currently trying Quickbooks online simple start. I don't really like it. Not that there's anything wrong with that program, it just does way too much and the only features I'll actually use is the invoicing. I do like the mobile app on my iPhone and I got set up to take CC's. But in order to use the mobile features, it seems like I need to jump between 2 or 3 different apps to make an invoice, log payment and actually get paid. I also am set up with Square, but I thought I'd just use Intuit's reader instead. But I don't like how Intuit is set up, just seems more of a hassle than it's worth.

I'm looking for something similar to quickbooks, only simpler. I really just need something that will allow me to easily create and track invoices. It would be best if it has a mobile app feature as well. Even better would be if I can accept credit card payments in person on my phone and have it automatically linked to whatever software I use in order to log and track invoices. If it also does work orders, estimates, etc, that'd be fine but doesnt have to.

MUST HAVES:
- Customer Information data (name, address, phone, etc)
- Easy, professional invoicing
- Invoice tracking (open balances, paid, etc)
- Affordable
- Online access

WOULD LIKE TO HAVE:
- Mobile App for customer info access, invoices
- Credit Card feature or link to Sqaure or other
- Job estimate forms
- Work Order forms
- Monthly reports, expense tracking, revenue tracking, etc

I'm no tlooking for a full blown accounting package. Quickbooks does too much for what I need and it's sort of a pain to use. I don't see any real benefit to using quickbooks at this time. My operation simply doesn't warrant it.So if you know of, or use, any good online programs, please share. I mainly do mowing and snow plowing as my $ makers. I also do mulch, brush mowing, shrub trimming, power washing, bed shaping/prep, debris/brush/minor tree removal and whatever else I can handle.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

look at my post here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=392362&page=2
Old 11-27-2012, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just found out about Jobber....any good? any use it?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I see you beat me to it. I'm checking out Jobber now, looks promising......
Old 11-29-2012, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Services View Post
I just found out about Jobber....any good? any use it?
Yes I used jobber (out of the business now)

It is everything you were wanting and more.
I'm sure you've seen all of the features, but let me describe why I liked it so much.

Firstly, I was looking for something intuitive, clean, and well rounded. As I'm sure you can tell, Jobber is quite easy to figure out, with alot of inspiration drawn from modern design and interface. What's more, it has everything you could want, from an integrated mobile platform, to dead-easy paypal integration, where the customer can pay right from their invoice when they open the email.

Here's what I liked most about jobber.
1) I started using it the spring of this year when the company was very new. As such, there were quite a few bugs that came up in my usage. I called their number and spoke with a very friendly fellow named sam. He made sure the bugs got fixed immediately, but when I suggested something that could be improved on, he immediately implemented it (for instance, I wanted the full desktop version available on my OS, where only a mobile version was available at the time)

Over the next couple months I developed a really good relationship with the jobber team. A good relationship is key to any good business. What they do is amazing.

2) The integrated customer payment is amazing. My customers loved it.
3) It is cloud based, so no information will be lost.
4) If you are small and don't need alot of services, what they offer with their base cost, $29 I believe, is truly robust.
5) After spending alot of time talking with Sam, I can tell you that these people have a good mind for business, are committed to being the best, and with everything they have told me, I am confident they will be the leader in this field before long. They are solid company with a stellar product
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshman108 View Post
Yes I used jobber (out of the business now)

It is everything you were wanting and more.
I'm sure you've seen all of the features, but let me describe why I liked it so much.

Firstly, I was looking for something intuitive, clean, and well rounded. As I'm sure you can tell, Jobber is quite easy to figure out, with alot of inspiration drawn from modern design and interface. What's more, it has everything you could want, from an integrated mobile platform, to dead-easy paypal integration, where the customer can pay right from their invoice when they open the email.

Here's what I liked most about jobber.
1) I started using it the spring of this year when the company was very new. As such, there were quite a few bugs that came up in my usage. I called their number and spoke with a very friendly fellow named sam. He made sure the bugs got fixed immediately, but when I suggested something that could be improved on, he immediately implemented it (for instance, I wanted the full desktop version available on my OS, where only a mobile version was available at the time)

Over the next couple months I developed a really good relationship with the jobber team. A good relationship is key to any good business. What they do is amazing.

2) The integrated customer payment is amazing. My customers loved it.
3) It is cloud based, so no information will be lost.
4) If you are small and don't need alot of services, what they offer with their base cost, $29 I believe, is truly robust.
5) After spending alot of time talking with Sam, I can tell you that these people have a good mind for business, are committed to being the best, and with everything they have told me, I am confident they will be the leader in this field before long. They are solid company with a stellar product
Fyi sam is the owner/designer of the software.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

yaaa its exactly what your looking for to the tee
Old 11-27-2012, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

www.landscapebilling.com
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

does landscapebilling have a mobile app for the Iphone? Jobber looks perfect but landscapebilling is much less $ and seems to do the same things...or at least similar things. it's a go if there's an app.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have no idea if there is an app for the phone, I know i use my i-phone to check the program sometimes and don't have a problem with it.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here