Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

What do YOU pay for SEO services?

Looking to get an idea as to what you guys pay for SEO services to get highly ranked search results. We are also looking to revamp our website to make it more SEO friendly. Ive gotten a few quotes, but looking to get an idea as to what the industry is generally paying.

Mike
Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

$25 month for the shoddy "Bronze Plan" companies to $250/month and up for legitimate efforts. There was a thread re: this in the last few weeks. I'm on my phone so linking is a bit difficult, but check the web sub forum.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Member

One idea you might consider is trading services with the SEO company you choose to use. It probably won't work with bigger companies, but if you find a good company with a small operation, you could offer to do their lawn in exchange for SEO services.

The company we use is a small 3 person operation. I met the owner at a Local BNI event. We have it worked out so that they handle every aspect of our SEO. They charge around $250 a month for the package we have, and because of the owners yard size, we still make an additional $75 a month from it.

Were approx 6 months into the service and I can honestly say its worth every penny we pay. We've easily made our money back and then some. You just have to look at SEO as an investment. It takes some time for you to break even, but once you do you'll be glad you did.

Here's the link for the company I use. http://www.fusiononemarketing.com/
Nicest people I've ever met.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Birmingham View Post
Were approx 6 months into the service and I can honestly say its worth every penny we pay. We've easily made our money back and then some. You just have to look at SEO as an investment. It takes some time for you to break even, but once you do you'll be glad you did.

Here's the link for the company I use. http://www.fusiononemarketing.com/
Nicest people I've ever met.
You're too new to private message, and since you recommended and linked to them, I feel compelled to ask what they're doing for you? I assume off-page SEO as it doesn't look like they've even implemented the most basic of SEO methods on your site. If you'd like specific examples, I'll be glad to give them.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Sadly, I haven't even checked to see if they're doing off or on page SEO. But from what your saying I'm guessing off page.

Please send me examples though. I'm interesting in seeing what they're not doing. I've been pretty neglectful on following up to see what they're doing. The only thing I've been monitoring is the large increase in "requests for quotes" from people finding us through google.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Member

$125 a month. Outrank.com
Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... if someone is providing SEO services for you, you should familiarize yourselves with, at least, the basic concepts and receive reporting of what they're actually doing. This will help you to not throw money down a magical SEO snake oil hole. Ask for samples of their reporting, as well as client referrals.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Member

That is my fear with these SEO companies, The quotes are all over the board and promise the same thing. Its intangible, how do i know they are working everymonth for their 200? I do not have the time to sit and learn SEO. Even trying to understand the basics makes my head hurt and isnt worth the headache. Do i just sit down and work with someone i trust and pay them what they are worth?

Mike
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. If I could do it I wouldn't be paying someone. Trust is real hard to come by these days. I look at the sites of top ranked companies and can't tell the difference. Obvious stuff like misspellings, grammar and cheap pictures I can see, but not the subtle nuances.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sadly, it puts a used car salesman-like stain on the legitimate side of the industry. I'm struggling to recall any instances on here where people recommended their amazing SEO guy and I didn't find that they were not getting close to their money's worth (or often, anything at all).

An easy warning sign is if a company is screaming "we'll get you to the top of search results!". There are no guarantees to this. If they guarantee it, read their fine print...

"Oh, you wanted to rank #1 in NYC for 'lawn mowing'? Sorry, but we guaranteed we'd get you to #1 for the keyword phrase 'lawn mowing with hamster-powered organic mowers' and we've still got 4 months on this here $149.95/mth contract."

It does take work, it does take time, especially if you are in a competitive market, and it does take dollars to pay someone to legitimately do so.