Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-08-2012, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Storm sewer outlet pipe replacement

Hey guys,

I just had a large job come across my desk at 5pm on friday and i have to have the tender form in by 11 am monday. The job consists of building a access road , cleaning a large storm water management pond, build a inlet scour pool , armour stone walls, and removal and re instalation of 330 linear feet of 30" storm sewer outlet pipe. Everything on the tender i have done multiple times before except installing storm water pipe. It is re and re so it is not to complicated but i need a general idea of how many linear feet i should be able to do per day, in good conditions and in bad. Excavation is apprx 6' to the top of the pipe, existing pipe bedding is to stay, but new 3/4" crusher run to be installed around and on top of the pipe. Pipe spec is 30" Boss 2000 pipe consisting of 320 kPa stiffness. Also if anyone would have a ball park idea of what i should be charging per linear foot feel free to email or message me so i can compare it to what i have costed it out at.

I really appreciate any help you guys can give

Sean

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 12-08-2012, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sean, ill sent my buddy what you just wrote, he said he will email me back in a few hours a ballpark figure he uses on stuff like this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2012, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Jacob much appreciated!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Will you use a trench box or bench the trench? How far do the spoils need to go? How far is the trucking for importing the new? Do you need to dewater? Compaction of the trench, testing, eroision control, all effects the price.

Road crossing? Access to the work area? Open trench protection? Is it rate pay Bacon Davis?

Last edited by jmacd; 12-09-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I will bench the trench as it is an open area and lots of room to cast the spoils, there is no access for trucks to come any where near trench with the backfill, i will be transporting it with my 2 tracked carriers travelling about 1200' each way and carrying 4 yards each trip (apprx 8 minutes round trip) , for dewatering i will have multiple pumps from 2"-6" because i am pumping and cleaning the pond in the same time frame. Access to the area is tough because you have to travel through a wet swampy area to get there. No wheeled machines will be coming near this part of the site.

Thanks!

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 12-09-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
I will bench the trench as it is an open area and lots of room to cast the spoils, there is no access for trucks to come any where near trench with the backfill, i will be transporting it with my 2 tracked carriers travelling about 1200' each way and carrying 4 yards each trip (apprx 8 minutes round trip) , for dewatering i will have multiple pumps from 2"-6" because i am pumping and cleaning the pond in the same time frame. Access to the area is tough because you have to travel through a wet swampy area to get there. No wheeled machines will be coming near this part of the site.

Thanks!
If you work it, pictures if you have a chance. Sounds like fun.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

TSS, I don't think a lineal foot price from anyone would be the way I would price this out.

For what it's worth, probably not much, but my opinion is to price it out this way. Material, plus man and machine time, profit and over head, and subs.

Brake this into man hours per task, cost of material, and sub work. Add in a CYA factor.

The guy with the correct equipment, and the most efficient equipment will win this bid.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks J. I figured that due to the various factors of this job I should price it that way . I appreciate the help. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Regards

Sean

Alloa Excavating Ltd
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sean, sorry i didnt get back to ya. we bben tied up getting this tugboat put in the water and my buddys wife had thier baby sunday night. hope you get this one

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Jacob, Unfortunetly didn't win the bid it was lowballed quite a bit. We came second and had quite a few bidders only a very slight margin higher . No worries I have been bidding jobs left right and centre lately . How has work been for you? Positive outlook for next year?
Posted via Mobile Device