Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM
yardmanlee's Avatar
yardmanlee yardmanlee is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: roanoke virginia
Posts: 989
Intuit PaymentNetwork

anyone using this online payment?? .50 per transaction
Im thinking about going this route No monthly fees or set up.


your thoughts?
__________________
Lee Foley Landscaping
Salem, Virginia
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
garciajj612 garciajj612 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 100
Intuit PaymentNetwork

.50 per transaction really that's it? What about percentage?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 PM
yardmanlee's Avatar
yardmanlee yardmanlee is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: roanoke virginia
Posts: 989
didnt say anything about it, Im gonna talk it over w/ my accountant after the holidays and get her take on it
__________________
Lee Foley Landscaping
Salem, Virginia
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-28-2012, 01:06 PM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,786
There is no other fee, from what a buddy tells me
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Woody82986's Avatar
Woody82986 Woody82986 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,923
I use it. It's only .50 per transaction as long as they use their bank account and not a credit/debit card. If they use a credit/debit card then it's 3.25% of the total. No monthly fees or anything though. I love it. I email my clients their invoices straight out of quickbooks and there is a "Pay Now" button right in the email they can click and pay through. It makes things pretty simple and quick.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Roger Roger is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: McMurray, PA
Posts: 5,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
I use it. It's only .50 per transaction as long as they use their bank account and not a credit/debit card. ......

Is this considered an e-check? Is this an electronic payment, their bank account to your bank account? Do I understand rightly, the customer activates the payment from their e-mail, enters their bank information and your bank information, authorizes a payment, monies are transferred, and your account shows the payment amount, AND a $0.50 charge for each transaction?

Do I understand correctly?

I am not asking about cc transactions for 3.25%. That I understand, but am asking about the other form of payment.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Woody82986's Avatar
Woody82986 Woody82986 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Is this considered an e-check? Is this an electronic payment, their bank account to your bank account? Do I understand rightly, the customer activates the payment from their e-mail, enters their bank information and your bank information, authorizes a payment, monies are transferred, and your account shows the payment amount, AND a $0.50 charge for each transaction?

Do I understand correctly?

I am not asking about cc transactions for 3.25%. That I understand, but am asking about the other form of payment.

Thanks.
They click the link and enter their bank info. Your bank information is stored in your account info with Intuit. When they press send, their info gets sent to Intuit and intuit sends it to your bank account. They don't ever see anything related to your banking info. It just looks like paying any other type of bill online by bank account.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Roger Roger is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: McMurray, PA
Posts: 5,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
They click the link and enter their bank info. Your bank information is stored in your account info with Intuit. When they press send, their info gets sent to Intuit and intuit sends it to your bank account. They don't ever see anything related to your banking info. It just looks like paying any other type of bill online by bank account.
Thanks. That makes sense. It is, in effect, an e-check. I understand your bank info being captured by Intuit when you make the setup.

I presume you get an e-mail notice when a transaction happens. Just seeing the transaction in the bank statement is a bit shaky in keeping records up to date on receiving payments.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Thanks. That makes sense. It is, in effect, an e-check. I understand your bank info being captured by Intuit when you make the setup.

I presume you get an e-mail notice when a transaction happens. Just seeing the transaction in the bank statement is a bit shaky in keeping records up to date on receiving payments.
Yes, you get an e-mail with both forms of payment.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:12 PM
NC Greenscaper NC Greenscaper is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coastal North Carolina
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Is this considered an e-check? Is this an electronic payment, their bank account to your bank account? Do I understand rightly, the customer activates the payment from their e-mail, enters their bank information and your bank information, authorizes a payment, monies are transferred, and your account shows the payment amount, AND a $0.50 charge for each transaction?

Do I understand correctly?

I am not asking about cc transactions for 3.25%. That I understand, but am asking about the other form of payment.

Thanks.
I use the IPN and it works just like you understand. There will be a link on the invoice you send. They process an electronic payment via the link. And you will get a deposit for $.50 less than the invoice amount. It works really well. I wish more of the customers would use it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.07999 seconds with 7 queries