Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Dixie chopper wheel motors help

I have owned 3 Dixie chopper mowers xt 3300 2700 and a new excalber all three of them have had a weak wheel moter or pump take them to dealer and just give me a run around ,with them say they can find a thing wrong with them the new EXcalber one has 200 hours and it is really noticeable have done all the easy stuff like change filter oill still the same any suggestions would help thank
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hate to say it but...... Sounds like you need to find a dealer that knows how to work on what they sell......

http://www.dixiechopper.com/dealer-locator

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob View Post
Hate to say it but...... Sounds like you need to find a dealer that knows how to work on what they sell......

http://www.dixiechopper.com/dealer-locator
A lot help that's is , tell me something I don't know !! Have taken it to two different dealers next dealer is 300 miles away think I should try a third one? called and talk to them didn't sound very hopeful sounds like they don't know what they are doing over there called Dixie chopper and a lot of help they are would have better luck just picking a number in a phone book and asking them for help
Old 01-03-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK, That was a lame reply but sometimes trying another dealer can get things squared away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawninc View Post
I have owned 3 Dixie chopper mowers xt 3300 2700 and a new excalber all three of them have had a weak wheel moter or pump
Tell me, Do you still own all three of these machines ?

If not, Which one now and whats the full model number or engine and deck size and serial number ?

Give in full detail what the machine is doing to make you believe you have a weak wheel motor or pump.......

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Still own all three had the two a frist and now they are used as backups and the new one is a xcaliber 66" 317 hours been doing it for about 100 hours now #1098362 for starters it is not out of adjustment I have herd that two different time and they tried to prove me wrong and it is not fix. You get on a side hill with that side down it will almost not pull its self or just get on flat ground and push both control forward or backwards and it will go in a big circle if it matter it is the left side thanks for the help
Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm....... This isn't rocket science......

Here's a old post, This is what your dealer's should have done;

Quote:
First check ALL tire pressures then the hydro belt for looseness/wear, Check the dump valves for being closed all the way. Then all linkage for wear/slop including the lever on the pump shaft. Check all hydro hose fittings for being tight, One could be sucking air but not leak oil.
If all the above checked OK, They should have adjusted tracking. If tracking can't be adjusted so the unit goes a straight line, A flow meter test should have been performed on the slower (Left) side to determine which is faulty, The pump or motor.

Nearly anything can be repaired, One must have the knowledge and proper tools along with the will power to do so.

Yes, I'm a Dixie Tech here in Florida and there's NO doubt in my mind I couldn't find your issue in less than half hour.

Print this post out and take it too them, Maybe they'll learn something.......

Old 01-06-2013, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:

Yes, I'm a Dixie Tech here in Florida and there's NO doubt in my mind I couldn't find your issue in less than half hour.
Me Too....though I would dare to guess that all 3 mowers don't have the same problem...
The OP just thinks they are the same because none of the problems have been properly diagnosed or corrected..
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You've checked the dump valve, right? Did you pull the valve and inspect it for any wear, checked the seating surface?
Since it can't possibly be an adjustment issue,the only thing to do is have a flow test done.

......AMF!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks ! the place that I bought it quit selling them and were quitting Dixie copper sales because Dixie would not cover the work they were doing so they say then the next place that started selling them just has to guys working. There and the next place has three working there I think the lack of tools is the problem
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I hate to say it but maybe the problem is the user. 3 machines with the same problem? Does not seem very probable.