Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Ghopper3345 Ghopper3345 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 86
Everyone That Uses Quickbooks

Check this out I found a guy to make custom forms for Quickbooks. Now I know you can change somethings in your own file but what a pain in the ass. All I did was up load a file and it works perfect. I have been trying for years to get a dam nice looking for out of quickbooks. First impressions mean the world. He will add your logo and change your wording too. I spent like 3 hours last year trying to make mine look ok and never got it like this. He only charged me like $125.00. you cant do all the changes in quickbooks you need a drawing program. I went and did one clean up and paid the guy no brainer.

here is the stupid form I have been using for years and the new one
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:54 PM
kandalawncaremgr's Avatar
kandalawncaremgr kandalawncaremgr is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 223
Looks great
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Ghopper3345 Ghopper3345 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 86
yea the nice thing is that it works like really easy all the fields fill in. I make money working out side dont have time to sit there LOL
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,971
As I'm reading your post I'm thinking...what an idiot...you know you can easily edit your template yourself...you paid someone...ahahahha. And then I scrolled down and saw your new form and I have to say that it really does look soooo much better. Very nice!

P.S. - The only thing for me is that I use double window envelopes for mailing everything so I'd need to maintain that format...I'm sure it could be done though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
jsslawncare's Avatar
jsslawncare jsslawncare is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
As I'm reading your post I'm thinking...what an idiot...you know you can easily edit your template yourself...you paid someone...ahahahha. And then I scrolled down and saw your new form and I have to say that it really does look soooo much better. Very nice!

P.S. - The only thing for me is that I use double window envelopes for mailing everything so I'd need to maintain that format...I'm sure it could be done though.
Yeah I know how you feel, cause I feel the same way about you. (Mom shoot's intruder thread)
__________________
All equipment is wore out. <- Never mind. All equipment has been repainted and with new decals. It's like I have new mower's again!
48" Ferris WB
36" Ferris WB
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsslawncare View Post
Yeah I know how you feel, cause I feel the same way about you. (Mom shoot's intruder thread)
If you're basing your opinion of me on my posts in the political forum it makes me wonder who really fits that description, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Ghopper3345 Ghopper3345 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 86
Yes I use double window too and they line up great
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,765
If you want to try and customize your own quickbooks template you can.

It's a .des file which is associated with the corel software.

You can also use any standard software and use a free .des converter to get it in the correct format.


..........
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:27 AM
Ghopper3345 Ghopper3345 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
If you want to try and customize your own quickbooks template you can.

It's a .des file which is associated with the corel software.

You can also use any standard software and use a free .des converter to get it in the correct format.


..........

Yes you can even do all the editing in word. You don't even need Corel. But it's your time on lining up all the data fields. So when you hit print they all line up right and fit in your double window envelopes. If it was $500.00 I would have done it. When I sell to commercial accounts I smoke other bids all the time. I put the cost right to the customer
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 AM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghopper3345 View Post
Yes you can even do all the editing in word. You don't even need Corel. But it's your time on lining up all the data fields. So when you hit print they all line up right and fit in your double window envelopes. If it was $500.00 I would have done it. When I sell to commercial accounts I smoke other bids all the time. I put the cost right to the customer
Posted via Mobile Device
Was just throwing that out there for anyone who wondered how it was done.

In our case, I've got the skill set to get it done, so it's just another small project for me. That and there isn't much to do in the winter time, so I've got the time to do it.

But your right, and it goes with anything, if your time is better spent paying someone to do it so you can be more productive in other things, then by all means pay someone to do it. As business grows, I've slowly started paying people to do services I normally would have done myself, but not only can our biz now afford it, but my time is better spent doing other things.



.............
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
estimates , forms , invoices , quickbooks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.08942 seconds with 8 queries