Register free!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Met my dopleganger

So I'm down in Texas right now with the family for a small family reunion. Never been to Texas but we are down in San Antonio. Going to be almost 80 today ahhh I'm in love. A little different then the 28 degrees when I left Seattle. So far it's been fun down here.

So on the plane ride down a guy sat next to me. At first I thought the flight was going to suck because he immediately started telling all his problems in life, but as we started talking it was just freaky weird

First, I'm a red head , and it's rare enough to see red hed people let alone an opportunity to talk to one . Especially guys ( I got to say what up to my sexy red head ladies always!). So this guy was a red head and we start talking and come to find out this guy has everything in commin with me. Riding street bikes..same music..own the same kind of dogs (pits) . A whole crap load of other things... And what else.. Same job lol. He was like I live in Oregon as an irrigation tech and I'm like what's no **** me too wth! He then goes ' rain bird' what what haha.

It's so rare to randomly run into someone in the same industry with almost as much knowledge as me. So the entire plane ride of course it was sprinklers.

It was just freaky weird lol
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
So I'm down in Texas right now with the family for a small family reunion. Never been to Texas but we are down in San Antonio. Going to be almost 80 today ahhh I'm in love. A little different then the 28 degrees when I left Seattle. So far it's been fun down here.

So on the plane ride down a guy sat next to me. At first I thought the flight was going to suck because he immediately started telling all his problems in life, but as we started talking it was just freaky weird

First, I'm a red head , and it's rare enough to see red hed people let alone an opportunity to talk to one . Especially guys ( I got to say what up to my sexy red head ladies always!). So this guy was a red head and we start talking and come to find out this guy has everything in commin with me. Riding street bikes..same music..own the same kind of dogs (pits) . A whole crap load of other things... And what else.. Same job lol. He was like I live in Oregon as an irrigation tech and I'm like what's no **** me too wth! He then goes ' rain bird' what what haha.

It's so rare to randomly run into someone in the same industry with almost as much knowledge as me. So the entire plane ride of course it was sprinklers.

It was just freaky weird lol
Whats weirder is that it is raining right now. If you feel like you have the need to move to C. Texas you have a job waiting on you. What sucks is the 110 degree heat in 80-90% humidity.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And if you need an 8 month gig, with 4 months of skiing, I have a job waiting for you in CO.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
And if you need an 8 month gig, with 4 months of skiing, I have a job waiting for you in CO.
If I did not have a wife and kid, you would have a deal. Check out the river walk before you bail. If your around for a while and come through Austin give me a shout, I would love to walk you through a few sites and see what you think.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
If I did not have a wife and kid, you would have a deal. Check out the river walk before you bail. If your around for a while and come through Austin give me a shout, I would love to walk you through a few sites and see what you think.
LOL, i was gonna say the same thing, gotta friend in Vail...boards almost every day in winter...I miss those trips, going to have to grow my kids a little so I can go again-
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have a job for him but i hooked him up with my hero who lives near San Antonio. Their paths may cross.

Have a great trip Mitch!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Mitch I'll give you 8 months work which leaves you 4 months per year to check out the rest of Australia..
Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

thanks! you Gus are awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You should have told him about this site.