Register free!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

80lb. push spreaders

My old lesco unit is about to be replaced. Im looking for a push spreader that has a side deflector that is operated up by the push handles. I once had an old Scotts professional spreader I bought at auction that had a lever controlled side deflector.

The closest thing I found was a Agrifab smarts spreader pro. To my knowledge agrifab doesn't make anything commercial wise does it?

I like the spyker S60-8020 but im not sure if their side deflector is manual or lever activated.

Maybe for the price another lesco unit is hard to beat? I don't use lesco fertilizer but their stainless 80lb spreader seems to be lower cost then any other unit alike?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Earthway makes a nice unit. On most lawns you seldom need to add more than one bag--so get the 50 lb stainless commercial version, and add the side deflector, (25 pounds)--easy push and lift.

And this larger new Earthway converts to spread salt or to a tow-behind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SR2DqXrketE

I am thinking about selling my Scotts stainless commercial spreader. Deflector control from handlebars. I think they are built by Prizelawn corp.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Everything your looking for http://www.russopower.com/products/t...FeuPPAodfBkA9g
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Turf dawg that is the exact copy of the scotts professional one I had. BTW it's no longer available.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Russo might not carry them anymore but I am pretty sure they are still being made. Try and call a Anderson distributor in your area. They have a distributor link on the top of the page http://www.andersonsgolfproducts.com/spreaders.asp

They are made by Prizelawn so if you cannot find one the Prizelawn Bigfoot is pretty close
Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

a friend of mine just bought one of those exact spreaders from John Deere Landscapes. I think it was almost $600.

I'm glad I still have mine from over a decade ago, cost less then. Best push spreader you can buy!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I second Turf Dawg, I bought one a year ago and it hasn't missed a beat. I purchased a "not made in USA" Lesco 80# and it threw hard to the right. The andersons spreads flawlessly.

I made a few posts on this thing while i was calibrating it on here.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

all are homeowner versions imo. we have a 2012 earthway & a 2012 andersons, plus lesco high-wheels. they all suck imo. unless you like a narrow spread width and "so so quality". ours are for sale. won't say here what we are using on a daily basis. my 2 cents
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
all are homeowner versions imo. we have a 2012 earthway & a 2012 andersons, plus lesco high-wheels. they all suck imo. unless you like a narrow spread width and "so so quality". ours are for sale. won't say here what we are using on a daily basis. my 2 cents
Are you still using the Spykers?
I have never tried them but I like the Andersons way better than my Earthway or the Lesco I had. If the Spykers are better than the Andersons I might have to try one one day but my Scotts/Andersons should last me several more years.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Member

lesco 80lb spreader

Hi, if you really liked the lesco spreader, you can still get them but they are now sold under the brand name "Cub cadet" They are yellow and black but are the exact same spreader as the Lesco unit.