Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What type of cupon/discount

Theirs a company around here called merchant mailer that's like eddm but it's a booklet of different avertsisments and much cheeper about 1.5-2.5 cents designed printed and mailed per house depending on howmany you do . My question is what kind of coupons should I offer almost every add in their gas some type of cupon. I was thinking like 500off a 2500 install 10-20 percent off when they sign a full maint contract and Mabey like 2 mowings free when they sign a mowing contract or something I'm just kicking around some ideas gonna meet with the guy tommrow to talk about it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i would put out the money for the eddm postcards. those saturation mailers are what i call junk mail or the key to price shoppers. more hassle than its worth.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna try it once they go out march 7th and from what I've heard they give pretty good return they do it in zones and it's about 500-550 for the zone I want with 20k houses if I get one contract it'll pay for itself
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock Lawns View Post
Theirs a company around here called merchant mailer that's like eddm but it's a booklet of different avertsisments and much cheeper about 1.5-2.5 cents designed printed and mailed per house depending on howmany you do . My question is what kind of coupons should I offer almost every add in their gas some type of cupon. I was thinking like 500off a 2500 install 10-20 percent off when they sign a full maint contract and Mabey like 2 mowings free when they sign a mowing contract or something I'm just kicking around some ideas gonna meet with the guy tommrow to talk about it
Posted via Mobile Device
I get those in the mail, they go directly in the trash... But thats just me. 500 off of a 2500 install is a pretty hefty discount. i wouldnt go that far. Good luck

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-21-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
I get those in the mail, they go directly in the trash... But thats just me. 500 off of a 2500 install is a pretty hefty discount. i wouldnt go that far. Good luck
Well I'm just kicking some ideas around I have really love expenses so I could swing that problay
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

maybe if the government relieves our industry of sales tax here in Minnesota, only then could I justify a discount...
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
4 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringahding View Post
maybe if the government relieves our industry of sales tax here in Minnesota, only then could I justify a discount...
Amen. I dont offer discounts. You pay = I show up!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I offer $10 off the first service when a client texts THEYARDBOY to 90210 on their mobile phone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do not get why people always want to offer discounts . We are all in business not a charity. But if your going to offer discounts you have to look at how it going to hit your bottom line. Like say your 2500 dollar install and you take off 500 dollars well your either cutting into your profit or your labor. Each company is different but you have to know your profit margins
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQLL View Post
I do not get why people always want to offer discounts . We are all in business not a charity. But if your going to offer discounts you have to look at how it going to hit your bottom line. Like say your 2500 dollar install and you take off 500 dollars well your either cutting into your profit or your labor. Each company is different but you have to know your profit margins
500 off 2500 could be interpreted as padding the estimate to make up for the coupon