Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Pearson Landscape

Take a look and see what's going on with the web page, www.pearson-landscape.com. I still have a lot of content to enter but needed to get it up for advertising reasons. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Matt

Pearson Landscape
Tinley Park, IL
www.pearson-landscape.com
www.facebook.com/Pearson.Landscape.IL
Old 02-01-2013, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

- 2 visits and both times the Home slide show fails to load. [edit: just loaded on the 5th refresh]

- The About Us page is a strange read for me. There are just too many "Matt [this or that]"s. You present the image of an actual company, and then it's nothing but "Matt". Basically, paragraph 1 does not work with paragraph 2.

- In previous reviews, I've linked to Google and seomoz's beginners seo guides. You'll want to read those.

- There is no readily available phone/location/service area info.

- Love the logo.

- Be careful with relying so heavily on slideshows. As I click through, I start to get the feeling of "here we go with another slideshow loading..."

- The snow removal service pic of your truck... While it's still winter, how about getting a better pic of it in a better location. You have a nice, clean, professional looking site and branding, but the truck pic pulls me out of that imagery and gives me the impression you're a solo with a truck.

- You point out you need content, so I'll avoid that other than to recommend you not let that slide. Be sure to also add appropriate, good tags and context to all of your images/slideshow pics.

- Your Contact page doesn't give me your phone number or any service area either. I see you're in Chicago, but potential customers, and search engines, need more.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

On the home page slideshow you're not leading with your strongest image. Water feature beats corner retaining wall w/ chain link fence behind it every time. I'd stick around w/ the water feature image, more likely to jump w/ the wall.

And with finished pics, get the hose out of the way first (or do what I do when I forget, and photoshop it out at the office)

Agree w/ Tony on the About page. I don't get why small companies think these need to be as boring as a corporate page. Write it like you were sitting down for coffee with the local chamber of commerce president and explaining who you are and what you do. It may sound nuts, but that sells people. I've had so many people tell me they chose my company because my website told them I was a small, responsive company that cared.

When you're listing features that you can do or that are awesome, ending with "and so on" and "etc" sucks the impact out of the sentence.

"Design dept"? If you have designers on staff, have a page introducing them. If it's just you, you have a BLA from a good school. I'd expect you to be good. Own that.

Something is def screwy with the slideshow plugin. I find myself rooting for the grey load bar to get all the way to the right and it's really distracting. Are they just massive pics that need downsized?

It's a good start, clean template, and I second the nice logo. I assume this is a Wordpress template?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feed back. Getting reviews like this is great. I spend so much time working on this stuff I pass over things like no phone number. Got new items on the 'to do' list now. Thanks guys
Posted via Mobile Device