Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Uniform for tall guys

Hey guys, I am looking to update my uniform mainly because what I have they stopped making the shirt and all the ones I have are getting very worn. My dilemma though is I am 6 foot 5 and my helper is 6 foot 7, so many shirts we come across just aren't tall enough. Right now we have some very nice athletic type polos that my moms friend embroidered. I would like to stay with something similar but can't seem to find anything in tall sizes that is an athletic material. My company is called turf and surf so I was looking at some fishing type polos from bass pro shop but again they would be a little short on me and way too short on my helper. Anyways thought I would put this out there and see if any of you guys know anything. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Most uniform companies will also do direct sales for people who don't want the service. Check out Cintas, as they have the nicest garments in the industry (I used to work for one of their competitors). Just know there's some lead time on getting the shirts.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Look up Duluth Trading Company. All the stuff they sell has lifetime no BS guarantee. I asked them if they were used for company shirts and silkscreened would they still honor the guarantee and they said yes. I have two pairs of pants and a pair of boots I just shipped back to them.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response guys, Neighborguy Duluth was a success they have tall sizes and are affordable, I order a couple and we will see what the material feels like. Thanks again

Last edited by ironchef66; 02-03-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't even think about Duluth, but check out the firehose pants. Super stain resistant, almost indestructible, and almost look like khakis.