Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quick question on a used exmark

Hey guys I have been looking around for a back up mower to have if something goes wrong and I have found a used exmark mark turf tracer with a 60' cut. Not sure on the year yet but it does have the esc controls. Says the motor runs strong and everything is good but my only question is that it has 2300 hours on it. I have always ran scag mowers so my question is how long can this thing go? He is only asking 900 for the mower. Any input would be great.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityCOMO View Post
Hey guys I have been looking around for a back up mower to have if something goes wrong and I have found a used exmark mark turf tracer with a 60' cut. Not sure on the year yet but it does have the esc controls. Says the motor runs strong and everything is good but my only question is that it has 2300 hours on it. I have always ran scag mowers so my question is how long can this thing go? He is only asking 900 for the mower. Any input would be great.

Thanks!
That's huge! I didn't know they made a 60 footer.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the exact same mower. It is a great walkbehind. They are built solid and cut great. I feel that is quite a few hours, but for that price, I think it is probably a good deal unless something is majorily wrong with it. A new one is going to cost about 10 times more than that. You might in the future have to put a new engine on it, replace the hydros, but you still would have a good deal in my opinion. Should still be a lot cheaper than new!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Still a good deal. I have a 2000 exmark 36" and i paid 800 for it about 3 years ago. I think you'll get good use out of it. Use that thing up, if you don't want to spend alot right now.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I was going to buy that but I can't get a hold of them and when I did the guy was very rude I'm 200 miles from there and wanted more pictures and he told me I could buy with the one picture that he had and he wasn't gonna take anymore for me didn't think it was very nice I was going to buy 32 that he had to he wouldn't give me any more pictures on that either
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhlawn View Post
I was going to buy that but I can't get a hold of them and when I did the guy was very rude I'm 200 miles from there and wanted more pictures and he told me I could buy with the one picture that he had and he wasn't gonna take anymore for me didn't think it was very nice I was going to buy 32 that he had to he wouldn't give me any more pictures on that either
Posted via Mobile Device
I was going to do the same thing as you were but I think I will stay away from that. There are pleanty of used mowers out there.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Is it all original stuff on the machine? Original engine? Seems like a load of hours for an engine, and a good fair number on the rest. See if you can get him down a few hundred, then mow it this next season and make some money with it and if it goes to poop you lost nothing.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nah, back out. I wouldn't buy from him, just because of his attitude.