Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

deere issues and deere reps?

Does anybody know if their are any deere reps that frequent this site? Having issues with my dealer on my new track loader. Long story short, machine quit running my dealer replaced whole fuel system, lines, pump, injectors. Got it back and had machine for 4 days, ran it for a little less than 7 hours, broke again. Dealer is saying machine was vandalised the second time, water and round up in fuel tank, they took fuel samples. Fuel system is ruined again and possible engine damage now. However, the original cause of fuel system failure unknown. No fuel sample was taken the first time.

Dealer wont repair under warranty the 2nd time, they want me to turn it into insurance. I think they screwed up the first time and now they dont want to take responsibility? opinions? anybody have contact for a deere rep?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is a user here that sells Deere, but it's been a while since he last checked in. Go back 20 pages or so until you see 2010 or so. That's when I last remember reading something from him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2013, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

He just posted reference the new E series, good guy. However I dont think that he is going to be able to help. Sounds like you need to speak to a regional Deere Service rep. Its seems these fuel related issues are occuring more often due to the complexity of these new engines and fuel systems. Ford has been refusing to fix many of their 6.7 diesels with fuel related problems, claiming bad fuel. I know one guy personally who had a brand new Ford that was parked in the weeds due to a 14K repair bill to fix it, it was less than a year old.

Its pretty obvious that what ever took out the first fuel system was likely still present after the repair. I dont know if the fuel came from the same source (maybe an onsite tank that might have issues) or the problem does not involve the fuel at all. It might be possible that it was just bad luck but what are the chances that 7 hours after Deere fixed your machine that it needs to be redone again due to vandalism. Sounds like BS. However maybe thats what took it out the first time and the contaminate was still in the tank of the machine. Because there was not sampling initially I dont know that it can be proved who is responsible.

If you get Deere Corp. involved maybe they will work you a deal on buying yours back and getting you in a new machine. Going the insurance route may be an option, but the insurance company would want to be convinced that its their responsiblilty to cover it, and thats not always easy.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What KSSS said makes since. I've been down this route with a machine. Once the higher ups heard the story and witnessed the issues, they worked an amicable deal with me.
Worst case is insurance. I had a small fire and some significant damage awhile back. Was dreading involving insurance but they were very responsive so much in so that I thought it was too good to be true. After dealing with some car insurance companies, it was a relief. Like KSSS said, if you involve insurance they will want proof so that may put pressure on dealer to explain why they are calling it vandalism.

Good luck.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Take an independenmt fuel sample.
Do you fuel from bulk? If so take a sample of it.
Does the gas cap lock?

Call Deere and get them involved as soon as possible and document things online truthfully and nonbiased.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemover View Post
Does anybody know if their are any deere reps that frequent this site? Having issues with my dealer on my new track loader. Long story short, machine quit running my dealer replaced whole fuel system, lines, pump, injectors. Got it back and had machine for 4 days, ran it for a little less than 7 hours, broke again. Dealer is saying machine was vandalised the second time, water and round up in fuel tank, they took fuel samples. Fuel system is ruined again and possible engine damage now. However, the original cause of fuel system failure unknown. No fuel sample was taken the first time.

Dealer wont repair under warranty the 2nd time, they want me to turn it into insurance. I think they screwed up the first time and now they dont want to take responsibility? opinions? anybody have contact for a deere rep?
Water and round up? What vandal would put round up in a fuel tank? Why? Also I would ask to see the test results and maybe do a second test. If he said the test at gly in it and said that could mean round up would make more sense.

Before the 7hr run time where was it kept. Was it at one jobsite or multiable ones? Was it kept on site anywhere?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turned into insurance, they want a police report. The insurance company also said it wasnt their responability to prove who is liable. Which makes no sense to me. If I file a police report they will cover it. Which in the end I am paying for with higher premiums. I am going to contact a deere rep, does anybody know an easy way to get in touch? I plan on calling deere and asking for my regional rep, but that sounds way to easy. I will find out tomorrow!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemover View Post
Turned into insurance, they want a police report. The insurance company also said it wasnt their responability to prove who is liable. Which makes no sense to me. If I file a police report they will cover it. Which in the end I am paying for with higher premiums. I am going to contact a deere rep, does anybody know an easy way to get in touch? I plan on calling deere and asking for my regional rep, but that sounds way to easy. I will find out tomorrow!!!
Good luck. I would think as you have no reason to mess up the machine, that they would give you consideration.....It might not be to your advantage to have a police report unless you know of vandalism..

Someone asked if you left the machine on a job? Did you? Tony.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Your Deere dealer should help you every step of the way. If they dont, you need to find a different dealer or a different shade of Yellow to run. I had a machine in the late 90's that was a POS. Between CASE and the dealer we worked out a fair deal for everyone. This is no different.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Insurance rep says I must have a police report to file a claim. While I dont believe the dealer and the vandalism claim, I cant say with 100% certainty that vandalism did not happen. It would be strangely odd that a new 60K machine had the same failure within 7hrs of each other.

As for my dealer...my salesman is taking care of me, every time my machine has been in for the repairs i have a machine, currently have one now. Service manger is an ass, but we are disagreeing and he is standing up for the quality that comes out of it. The salesman is siding with me(at least when I talk with him) and at the end of the day he is going to watch out for himself. You dont find many people that actually stands up for what is right no matter what would happen to them. With that said not sure if the dealer would give up the contact info.
Hell, I am running out of dealers! wont run cat or bobcat, dealers are bad. May have to look at case...need to talk to some guys I know in R&D at the plant and get their opinion on the new track machines, they told me to stay far far away from the older case and new holland machines