Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

How AACT Works

What does it do???
How does it do it???
What does it provide my Turf???

There are simple answers that provide a basic concept of , what to expect from the CT...

I believe that all the nonsense and confusion would be avoided if there were HONEST and SIMPLE answers to these 3 questions...
I'd like to hear them so I might discern WHY no one is interestted in clarification...
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

This has been discussed many times with clarity. Simple and complex answers have been provided. It is a controversial subject and will end up in a non-productive argument on this forum.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
This has been discussed many times with clarity. Simple and complex answers have been provided. It is a controversial subject and will end up in a non-productive argument on this forum.
I've posted this many times, but a lot of the beauty of organics is you just have to get out there and use the product/material for yourself, and properly I might add, to see what results you get for yourself. I don't know how you've been writing off AACT for years without actually brewing any yourself.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
I've posted this many times, but a lot of the beauty of organics is you just have to get out there and use the product/material for yourself, and properly I might add, to see what results you get for yourself. I don't know how you've been writing off AACT for years without actually brewing any yourself.
Hey Natty, I know you don't mean me.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-18-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Hey Natty, I know you don't mean me.
Sorry Barry. I was quoting you to reiterate your post as well. A simple search should find more than adequate answers.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wasn't interestted in hearing the sales pitches... the only reason it is "controversial" is becuz the idea of the microbes running out of food, doesn't fit your salespitch...

Not interestted in hearing organic spin...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I wasn't interestted in hearing the sales pitches... the only reason it is "controversial" is becuz the idea of the microbes running out of food, doesn't fit your salespitch...

Not interestted in hearing organic spin...
No sales pitch from me as I'm a homeowner who knows more than the average guy at this point. If I linked to microbeorganics.com in the past, that's only because Tim Wilson makes a great brewer at well below industry standard pricing. I think Barry can say the same on that topic.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
No sales pitch from me as I'm a homeowner who knows more than the average guy at this point. If I linked to microbeorganics.com in the past, that's only because Tim Wilson makes a great brewer at well below industry standard pricing. I think Barry can say the same on that topic.
You would be a great one to interview in that we could hear what has happened over the past number of years... the ups and downs, and solutions and reasons why those solutions worked or not...

How many years ago did you start the T. ???
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
You would be a great one to interview in that we could hear what has happened over the past number of years... the ups and downs, and solutions and reasons why those solutions worked or not...

How many years ago did you start the T. ???
I started using tea in '05 until '11 working for a commercial company. For the last year plus I've been using AACT on my home lawn/shrubs.

The ups and downs dealt mostly with refining the process of brewing, cleaning and spraying without destroying the organisms. Once you get the system down it's not that difficult. I never used it as a standalone product, always an application in mid-spring or mid-fall.

I see great results on my home lawn by applying compost or a heavy chicken poo fert then applying tea on top of that. Something I always wanted to do on the commercial end, but never had the time to do.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I started using tea in '05 until '11 working for a commercial company. For the last year plus I've been using AACT on my home lawn/shrubs.

The ups and downs dealt mostly with refining the process of brewing, cleaning and spraying without destroying the organisms. Once you get the system down it's not that difficult. I never used it as a standalone product, always an application in mid-spring or mid-fall.

I see great results on my home lawn by applying compost or a heavy chicken poo fert then applying tea on top of that. Something I always wanted to do on the commercial end, but never had the time to do.
It makes sense that using compost and chicken manure is going to feed the microbes in the soil and supply N to the turf... after that many years of compost and manure,,, don't you think that the most effective microbes for that environment have been established by now??? Just a thot...

After that many years of compost and manure your soil must have gone through some dramatic changes...

What have you noticed about changes in the soil itself???