Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2013, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Exmark Lazer Z 52" deck blowout

Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 exmark lazer z 52" with the ultra vac system. When doing fall cleanups this year (first year with this mower) I noticed a substantial amount of blow out coming from the deck. As you can imagine this greatly increased the amount of time spent on properties. I wrote in to exmark about this issue and I wanted to post the response in case anyone else is having this issue.

"The first thing you'll want to do is check the rake of your deck. If you point the 3 blades to the front and back, then the front tip should measure approximately the height you wish to cut at...The rear blade tip should measure about 3/16" higher.

Something else you can try is removing the dog-leg or discharge baffle that is located right at the back of the discharge opening.

If you continue to experience blow-out, then the baffles should help. The part number for your machine would be 103-4626.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us again."

I haven't had a chance to implement the suggestions, But I will let you know when I do.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

What blades are you running?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Member

when you say blow out what do you mean like clumps dropping?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

OEM blades, not crazy high lift or anything.

Blow out as in leaves will literally blow out from underneath the deck making spring/fall cleanups a pain.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Member

what height are you mowing at and maybe taking on too many leaves?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Member

The issue persisted regardless of height/quantity of leaves. I tried a few different settings, nothing seemed to solve the problem so I wanted to reach out to Exmark. I just wanted to share the info in case anyone else was having a similar problem.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Keeping a clean deck will improve all aspects of mowing performance. Not being a smart guy, but just sayin'.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark Next Gen Lazer Z 60"Blowout

Would anyone be interested if I made a rubber kit for exmark lazer z's to purchase one to keep grass from covering them.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandtechNH View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 exmark lazer z 52" with the ultra vac system. When doing fall cleanups this year (first year with this mower) I noticed a substantial amount of blow out coming from the deck. As you can imagine this greatly increased the amount of time spent on properties. I wrote in to exmark about this issue and I wanted to post the response in case anyone else is having this issue.

"The first thing you'll want to do is check the rake of your deck. If you point the 3 blades to the front and back, then the front tip should measure approximately the height you wish to cut at...The rear blade tip should measure about 3/16" higher.

Something else you can try is removing the dog-leg or discharge baffle that is located right at the back of the discharge opening.

If you continue to experience blow-out, then the baffles should help. The part number for your machine would be 103-4626.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us again."

I haven't had a chance to implement the suggestions, But I will let you know when I do.
Would love to know how this worked out for you? I know this is an older thread, thought maybe I could revive it
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandtechNH View Post
Hi Guys,

Would love to know how this worked out for you? I know this is an older thread, thought maybe I could revive it