Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Toro TimeMaster 30 vs Exmark Commercial 30 vs Toro Commercial 30 vs yBravo 25

Yeah you're thinking oh NO! Not another thread on these mowers.

I own the yBravo 25 and last years Toro TimeMaster consumer model.

I'm hoping to demo both the Exmark and Toro COMMERCIAL versions in the following months to the ones I already own.

These are NOT front line mowers for me but mowers to replace 21's.

I will post pics of the Commercial blades vs last years TimeMaster blades in the next few days.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

2012 TimeMaster Blades vs. Exmark/Toro Commerical

Here they are:
Attached Images

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ™
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Attached Images

I'd Rather Be Flying
Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So that little bit of a lift makes that much of a difference when bagging, but it doesn't help when mulching, b/c of the gator spikes?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
So that little bit of a lift makes that much of a difference when bagging, but it doesn't help when mulching, b/c of the gator spikes?
Side discharge and bagging yes. Mulch mode....? I'll be able to answer that in late April I hope.

Still early here. Low Spring mows only for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Last few day for mulching I switched back to the TimeMaster blades for "mulch mowing only".

I think I actually prefer them. Just not for bagging.

In another thread someone mentioned mulch specific blades for the TurfMaster....?

There is speculation on my part that those just might be TimeMaster blades.

Then again I keep hearing dealers say there is no difference between TurfMaster and TimeMaster blades.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2013, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Come on without Come on within, you've not seen nothing like the mighty Quinn!- For some reason I've had that song in my head this week.

What a week it has been. I purchased the Timemaster on Monday. Here are the events that have transpired since and then I'll give my reasons for the Timemaster over the Turfmaster:

Monday- I got to to test the Timemaster's durability and toughness in a unique way. After using it on a yard, in my haste I neglected to securely situate it on my trailer and it slid to far to the shoulder side and knocked an electrical truck's driver side mirror and broke it. Only a scratch on the Timemaster's handle, shattered glass and plastic for the mirror. Liability insurance is a good thing. Secure mower better, lessoned learned. Also, the Timemaster is not a frail wimp.

Also on Monday, Timemaster dies in the middle of mowing a hill straight up and down.
Mower starts up again after I finish trimming yard.

Tuesday and Wednesday- mower takes two minutes for engine two gain full power upon 1st engagement of blades both mornings. Mower dies right in the middle of mowing several yards both days. Won't start again until being given a several minute break. Also, terrible fuel consumption. I call dealer and bring it to him on Wednesday evening. Dealer says he'll call me this morning.

Thursday- Dealer keeps his word, calls me this morning and says mower is fixed. Problem: wrong fuel filter. Timemaster acts fine on several yards today and has normal fuel consumption.

I was relieved it was something small, as I was starting to feel like this was the week from.... well you get the picture.

Barring any other unseen mower weirdness or malfunctioning I am happy with my purchase and ultimately decided to go with the Timemaster, because I didn't see the need to shell out the extra $800 right now, when the commercial unit is reporting more problems than the Timemaster right now. My hope is that with good care, the engine will last a couple of years, and then the bugs with the commercial unit worked out, I will purchase said Turfmaster. This mower is the perfect size for 75% of my lawns.

Two notes on the Timemaster, one that has not been discussed. Dealer made known that the Timemaster uses a different transmission operation than other personal pace mowers, on others the belt does most of the work, on the Timemaster, the transmission itself is being engaged more fully if I understood him correctly. I don't know if this is good or bad, but maybe it is great!

Secondly, this dealer too was dumbfounded at the notion that the Turfmaster had a higher lift blade. When I picked up the mower this morning, he got out the commercial blades I had ordered and we set them on top of the homeowner unit's blade. We both could see that there clearly is more of a sail to co blade as pictured in an earlier post by exact on this thread. If your dealer argues with you on this point, encourage him to look up the parts # for both blades and he can put two and two together after that. My dealer seemed mystified that a little bit of lift would make that much of a difference and said "why didn't Toro just ship all the mowers with that blade?" I assured him that according to many on Lawnsite (which he knew nothing about), the little increased lift makes a lot of difference. This is a man who pledges his alegiance to Toro, and yet he got edumacted on it.

Long live this thread! I won't have any info on the operation of the Turfmaster to the Timemaster unless I sell one of my other mowers.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 04-14-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

There has to be some operator who has used both the Toro TimeMaster 30 and the Exmark/ Toro TurfMaster....side by side.

I'm very interested in top speed comparisons? And the weight difference issue....?

TurfMaster blades are in fact an improvement over the lower lift TimeMaster blades. Same basic blade just a different bend.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Could you run the commercial blades on the consumer model?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
Could you run the commercial blades on the consumer model?
Yes.

I'd Rather Be Flying