Register free!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Member

spider spray

Hi, I am wanting to get started in spider sprays and was wondering when the best times to spray is. I will just be doing an outside application around the house. Nothing on the inside.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

When you start seeing spiders?

Check out the life cycles of the spiders in your area online. Temperature and timing.

I suppose it also depends on the product you are using and what kinds of residuals they provide as well.

and then how many treatments do they get? If it's one....that is different timing than if they get say a four treatment program.

I can't tell you when to spray because I am not from your area, don't know what product you use, and or what you are trying to control.

Google for an hour. You should be able to get some good information from local sources or university extension services.

How did you pass the tests for the license and you don't have a handle on this one basic thing?

When to spray.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
When you start seeing spiders?

Check out the life cycles of the spiders in your area online. Temperature and timing.

I suppose it also depends on the product you are using and what kinds of residuals they provide as well.

and then how many treatments do they get? If it's one....that is different timing than if they get say a four treatment program.

I can't tell you when to spray because I am not from your area, don't know what product you use, and or what you are trying to control.

Google for an hour. You should be able to get some good information from local sources or university extension services.

How did you pass the tests for the license and you don't have a handle on this one basic thing?

When to spray.

I posted this thread to just get some helpful advice from people with experience. I have already done my research here but it never hurts to get input from experienced companies.

As for your question to how I passed my test, I have not taken my test for it, thats why I said "I am wanting to get started". Im not sure where you saw that I took the test.

I am from Spokane, WA. Spiders here are around all year.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well....If you don't have a license yet and are limited on experience I still say learn why you are spraying, and what you are spraying and when they are most vulnerable in accordance with your states recommended rules and practices.

If the spiders are year round then a broad spectrum and timed year round program should be used....but again.....it's insect and area specific based on temperature, life cycles etc.

How does one spray every 2 months sound? One spray every ten weeks?

I have thirty years experience. Just not in Spokane Washington.