Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2013, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

warehouse striping

Looking for info on the paint you might use.
First time painting a warehouse. Figured latex will not hold up over hilos. Anyone have experience with oil based in this area? Ive always sprayed latex for parking lots and that works great. But i figured with the hilos driving over the seal concrete it wont stay very long.
I know they make urethanes and epoxys and have looked into them. Just dont have any experience with any of those three. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

My paw n law is over a factory down here and they are always painting lines. I will get with him and get back to you with what they use.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper881 View Post
Looking for info on the paint you might use.
First time painting a warehouse. Figured latex will not hold up over hilos. Anyone have experience with oil based in this area? Ive always sprayed latex for parking lots and that works great. But i figured with the hilos driving over the seal concrete it wont stay very long.
I know they make urethanes and epoxys and have looked into them. Just dont have any experience with any of those three. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Acetone acrylic can be used on concrete or asphalt. You need to determine if there is a coating on the floor. Some coatings can cause adhesion issues. The acetone acrylic is low VOC compliant as well. Sherwin Williams has acetone acrylic. Dries really fast.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

The concrete is sealed and has previous stripes over it. Some will be repainted and some new stripes as they are now going with a different lay out as machines are being moved around for production. The acetone acrylic can i spray that through my graco 3400 and just do a good clean out when done?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Water based paint and acetone acrylic cannot come in contact with each other. You will need to run toluene through the machine to ensure the unit is completely filers of all water residue. Once you wish to switch back, clean out the unit with toluene again, clear all the toluene out, then run water through the pump to ensure all toluene removed. You can then switch back to your water based paint. Real pain. We have switched over all of our projects to the acetone acrylic. It is low VOC compliant and dries super fast. Very little dirt pick-up as well. No clogging and a lot more durable than the water based acrylics.

Hope the info helps.
Posted via Mobile Device