Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Hustler Raptor Not going straight.

Should the Raptor or any zero turn be able to go straight with both levers all the way forward or is there always going to be some slight variances.

This is my first ZT and the Raptor pulled to the left when I first got it new back in February and I just cant seem to get it adjusted. All the tires are at the correct pressure I have since reset everything back to neutral and adjusted the drive straight stops to where I fell like it is pulling straight but it never exactly goes straight. Is this just the way it is and my OCD is getting the better of me

I did notice that left steering bushings part no. 116144 has some play to it I can jiggle around the left side steering rod where the right side will not move. Can this be a issue or is it normal for that bushing to have some play (it is the one that mounts on the hydro).

Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Sponsor

Yes they all should go straight. Take the unit on a flat parking lot, (not a road, there are crowns on a road)the unit should run pretty dang straight. Your dealer should have that unit set up when you picked it up. I would suggest going to hustlerturf.com and at the bottom of the page are links to manuals. I would look up the adjustments on tracking and go there. The unit should run true for at least 20 feet straight on. Sometime I find the tires have the same amount of pressure but different diameter do to rubber being harder or softer,.

Brian O
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Sponsor

Not sure what you are describing that is loose but if it's a part of the steering control system it will give you issues. Loose able to pivot is one thing, loose and wobbling is not good.
I would suggest the dealer fix the machine to spec's. Should not take him more than ten minutes, it could take you hours.

Brian
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesteel View Post
Should the Raptor or any zero turn be able to go straight with both levers all the way forward or is there always going to be some slight variances.

Thanks
Actually, you've asked a tough question. First, not many of us mow with the sticks pinned, it's too fast (again for most of us). Next, if you are not on Level ground the steering changes. Also, if you mow across an incline the mower with not track straight. Then, since the linkage is not perfect, and even it is the pumps never pump "exactly" the same, so your stop position and backwards tracking are good but cannot be perfect, like a car is.

Hustler has the best control system, but it is limited to production tolerances.

I now have 5 older custom SWB/WB velky machines....... they are great.
Pete
FPS