Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2013, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

first day with the t3000

Today may have been one of the worst days spraying and I only had one large property to do. Started out fill the t start it no pressure on the pump messed around with it for 30 min in the driveway could not get it. Called Bob from turfco he got me straight on a sat thank god he way awesome. Go back to the property and do two out of about 100 k and spin around on a hill tire hit a run of spot and t goes on its side and so do I. Flip it back over and and pump lost prime again. For some reason I have to take the discharge off the pump run it with my finger over it and it will start to pump. After that I decided I would come back tomorrow or monday. Nothing went smooth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Whats the gauge reading, is the needle bouncing?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

when it "lost prime" I had no pressure. But after pulling the hose coming off the pump holding my thumb (yes with gloves and gown) over it it will pump with pressure slide the hose back on re clamp it and it will hold what ever I set it to. not sure what thats about but I have a fix for it till I can put the pump update on it way to busy right now. hints working sat and now sunday again the old lady is going to kill me.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you're pulling air from someplace like the strainer gasket.

Take it easy with those ride ons especially when the hopper is full. They can get a little top heavy if you aren't using one of the sprayers with a wider platform.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My guys never have but ive flipped one of our zsprays twice. Welcome to the club?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Ive come close to tipping my t-3000.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've never even come close to tipping or flipping my Z-Max's in 7 years and I am not a fan of the narrower platforms.

There's geometry involved here.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
Today may have been one of the worst days spraying and I only had one large property to do. Started out fill the t start it no pressure on the pump messed around with it for 30 min in the driveway could not get it. Called Bob from turfco he got me straight on a sat thank god he way awesome. Go back to the property and do two out of about 100 k and spin around on a hill tire hit a run of spot and t goes on its side and so do I. Flip it back over and and pump lost prime again. For some reason I have to take the discharge off the pump run it with my finger over it and it will start to pump. After that I decided I would come back tomorrow or monday. Nothing went smooth.
Posted via Mobile Device
This seems odd to me. Demo'd a T in 2007. Switched over to T3000's in early April, 2008. We now run three T3000's on a daily basis. We even worked today (Saturday), and all three T's treated at least 24 lawns each. 40 - 52 bags of fert each. We put a lot of hours on our T's, and the Delavan pumps work great for at least 2 years with no maintenance whatsoever. Cool.

I spose if you ever lose prime, just turn down the pressure gauge & slowly turn it back up to 40 or 45 psi.

We flipped a T3000 one time. This happened when one of my T-Men was in a hurry trying to go too fast while he was loading it up on the carrier rack (we hate trailers). He popped the forward speed control & it flipped backward. But by the time he got to his next stop, it worked fine.

The T3000 is capable of climbing hills as steep as 45 degrees. We documented this on older posts during the lawnsite "T vs Z-Wars". lol

I know there are still some Z-Sprays out there. We just don't see them in our market like we used to. Might see a Z once a month. We see T's every single day. One local outfit ditched their Z's and now run six T3000's. Send me a PM, and I will tell you who.

T3000 spray width: nearly 13 feet.
Spread width: nearly 13 feet.
Perfect overlap.

I kinda wish our local competitors would start running Permagreens & Z-Sprays, yet I know they won't. Nearly thirty T3000's just in our town. Must be a reason. Just sayin'.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How much fert did you have to rake up and disperse OP?

I had a minor flip of my Mag last season, spent a lot of time raking up granular fert.

Larry how narrow can you trim down the spray width to on the T? I do a lot of 8k sq ft lawns with my PG but I can't be spraying 13' wide on those lawns that is like a bull in a china shop.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 04-21-2013, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya Larry I suppose those LT Rich Z Sprays are just about out of business that's why there's a two Month wait on them such a terrible machine. And we know you have never had one problem with your special T's because let us not forget you where on the A-Team, surprise you didn't mention that for the 100th time.

And yes you hate (Trailers) because your guys aren't competent on turning and backing them, does take a little talent I guess. Some folks never change just come back with the same old song and dance.