Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

High grade suspension seat for ZTR

I'm deep into research for a ZTR that will best suite our needs (wife has back issues, but insists of helping with the grass cutting).

At this point I'm seriously thinking of the Ferris IS2000 (61" cut), but I read something that triggered more thought. (that's all I need, more thought....LOL))

How about a Gravely, XMark, or even a Toro of a lesser cost matched with their best upgraded suspension system seat. Would that come close to matching the kind of ride put out by Ferris....

..... HELP ......

Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have always wanted a ferris for many years because of the nice suspension they have. I have tried the suspension seats . They help a little. Now I finally broke down and bought a 3100z two months ago. It has the best ride and you feel good about mowing. At the end of the day it just amazes me. Not only is the cut beautiful but I don't slow down on uneven turf. And the machine will not scalp. I will be a ferris guy for life . If u don't get one u will never know how nice they are. I laugh at the other guys now that are bouncing out of there seat .
And no machine will match the comfort of the ferris. I have a suspension seat on mine and it rides like a caddy floating on a cloud of grass.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

You can buy a grammer msg65 on ebay for $599, they are one of the best seats for a mower, most companies charge $800 to add it to mower being built and they usually keep the old seat...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
You can buy a grammer msg65 on ebay for $599, they are one of the best seats for a mower, most companies charge $800 to add it to mower being built and they usually keep the old seat...
Posted via Mobile Device
What makes that seat so much better than say, the Michigan seat or others that are similar? I've never sat on one.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It has alot more movement and adjustments. U can adjust your armrests to where your elbows sit, also the only seat i have seen so far that lets you adjuat the backrest to where u want, some make you lay down, some straight up, i love the adjustments. The dial on a michigan is limited, the hand pump is much nicer..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The grammer seats movement is nice but the seat itself isn't very soft.
Posted via Mobile Device