Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ideas for promotions /deals

Looking for advice from you vets about doing promotions to boost types of services that you enjoy doing. I am trying to generate more business, specifically full service accounts. Was just trying to get an idea of what promos have worked for you and were happy with. I don't want to give away my hardwork so I figured id ask what you guys have found to be successes. Anything from early sign UPS to discounts for additional services / upselling. Any advice welcome. I know it all depwnds on what type of work one enjoys doing and then figuring out a way to boost it with promos, I'm just playing the field right now for ideas, as to not cut out any I may not even think of offering
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

We offer neighborhood discounts, prepay discounts, bundle discounts, and various others. They are all a percentage. A big promotion we are doing now is offering free oil changes for referrals. We buy them deeply discounted 20 at a time, then only give them away when the sale is made. We've burned through close to 30 of them so far this season and our clean-ups are only 2 days in.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Saw a flier the other day. 1 free pizza a month for the season.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wait a minute.... Pizza's? Oil changes? What are you guys talking about? You buy discounted oil changes from who? Jiffy Lube or something? And Pizza's? From a landscaping company? Wow, this is really thinking outside of the box.... I would love to hear more about the oil changes.... seems interesteing
Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

We have full service contracts with several Goodyears in the area. Anyone can give away free service or %s off, but NO ONE does oil changes! Its so practical. Oil changes are around $30 retail, we buy them for $12 each. Then, we give them the '$30 value' for the referral. It gets them in the doors for tires and other services. We promote within the stores offering special pricing for Goodyear customers who utilize a promo code on the flyer. We also cross promote to our own customers who receive $19 oil changes at any of the participating locations.

We've given away $20 Caribou/Starbucks giftcards in the past, but the oil changes are less expensive for us and just as effective.

Last edited by lawnguy01; 04-30-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Member

So, for every $12 investment, we end up with @ least $300 in service. A typical referral will take multiple services, usually clean up and the lawn care program. Then, that usually leads to a paver patio, driveway, retaining wall or other land/hardscaping. After all of that, $12 is really nothing! lol
Old 05-01-2013, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Awesome! great idea man! I love seeing people think outside the box!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Awesome! great idea man! I love seeing people think outside the box!
Hey, Thanks!! Its great to get positive feedback from other guys in the industry! Appreciate it!