Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Scag walk behinds vs Turf tracer

Hey guys i had a scag pro v and the cut was great, no clumping in wet conditions, cut was good in dry and wet conditions.The scag didn't stripe good like my exmark. Got rid of it because the controls . I had some money trouble so i couldn t afford to get a hydro but i got a exmark metro "48, sometimes i have to double cut to make a good cut, the deck gets clogged alot in wet conditions. But after i double cut the stripes are amazing. The question is i m looking for a bigger walk behind like the turf tracer "60 , does the deck clog alot in wet conditions and do you have to double cut. I would appreciate the feedback. I love scags deck, but i love exmark ecs controls and stripes. Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Side discharging with hightlifts and an open chute I don't get alot of buildup in wet conditions.If I have to run with the chuteblocker down in areas that's when it starts packing up some.But that's to be expected in wet conditions.I run a 52"ultra cut deck with 23hp Kohler Turf Tracer for reference.I have a large mix of bi-weekly's and a mulch kit just wouldn't work for me in the wet season but would probably be ok in the dry season.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, i can only use walkbehinds, because i cut a lot of yards on a side of a mountain.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My 52" decks are good in wet conditions. My 60" decks clump more in wet conditions. But in normal conditions, my 60" decks cut quite a bit better than the 52" decks. But my 52" are on Turf Tracer HP (S series) models, so I don't think they are the same as you would find on the standard Turf Tracer (X series).