Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people just don't know I guess.

I was talking to my friends dad last night about mowing neither one of us knew the other mowed on the side. He was telling me about some of his yards and mower the usual. Went on to say how he got a new client with 5acres and then three of the neighbors that also had 5 acres. Red flag going off in my head!! He says yea the company that mowed it before was charging one of the 210 a cut. Regular price for my area. So I had to ask what he was charging $85!!! So he is mowing 20 acres for 340 and is happy. Feel sorry for the company and there is no trimming any of the yards just mowing. I finished with I get 225 for 5 acres. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

85 would be about right for an extra sized yard in my neighborhood with lots of trimming. Normal lot around here is 100 X 150. An extra size would be like 150 X 225, or 100 X 300. That could easily be $85, but not 5 acres! I wonder how long he'll last? How much will he make minus gas? $17 an acre, come on. If i had the land, I could never let someone work for me for that amount. I don't have it in me.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

5 acres would be $225-$250 for me.

i have a few that are 2 1/2 acres and i get $125 a cut.

i had one that was 3 acres and i told them i would do it for $125 and they freaked out at my price. i had been mowing it for the people that lived there before them for $150 a cut until they moved out.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I've got an account that's just over an acre I charge $120 per visit. A lot of trimming and edging. The trimming and edging alone generally takes me an hour or so as the whole property is fenced in, plus a lot of trees to trim around, flower beds, couple of sheds, etc. Also has two driveways that need edging and the walkway around the home. Usually takes me about 45 minutes to mow, an hour to trim and edge everything and 15 minutes or so to blow everything off. So I'm generally there for 2 hours from the time I pull up until I leave.
50" Toro zero turn
36" John Deere WB
Husqvarna 22" push mower
Echo trimmers,edger and blower
Other misc rakes, shovels etc.

www.fatzlawncare.com
Old 05-03-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

"Red flag going off in my head!!"

I thought you were going to tell us he's now doing some of your old accounts. lol That would have been awkward. lol