Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 AM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
How to stop grass catching VX4 deck chute?

Hey guys, took this video of the grass clippings coming out the chute of a Hustler VX4 60" deck. It appears this is where the grass is building or one of the areas grass is building and creating clumps. Be good to hear what you think after seeing it, really need to watch it in HD to see whats happening.

Sorry for the bad filming, was difficult to hold camera still.

http://youtu.be/YI8wAMr2obE
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 AM
CurbAppealKS CurbAppealKS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington, KS
Posts: 448
I've been following this topic for a while now. Mickhippy and another user on here are having the same problems. It sounds like its just a flaw in the deck design. The thread isn't far down on the list. There is a lot of good info in it regarding this issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
I've been following this topic for a while now. Mickhippy and another user on here are having the same problems. It sounds like its just a flaw in the deck design. The thread isn't far down on the list. There is a lot of good info in it regarding this issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
greenology is the other user.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 PM
CurbAppealKS CurbAppealKS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington, KS
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
greenology is the other user.
Yeah I see that now lol :/
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,510
Does the 72 have this problem?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2013, 05:38 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Does the 72 have this problem?
Never heard or read a complaint about the 72, so it appears to be problem free!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 AM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
I've posted a fair bit on this issue myself, been spending some time lately trying to fix whatever it is causing the clumping, I just thought I might get some more insight after ppl have seen this video of what appears to be the problem area.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM
CurbAppealKS CurbAppealKS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington, KS
Posts: 448
I wish hustler would figure this out. I like my older super z, but I'm scared of the new one based on this problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:43 AM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
I wish hustler would figure this out. I like my older super z, but I'm scared of the new one based on this problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
You & I both! I'm sure they'd have it sorted pretty quickly if they were to put their resources into it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Hey guys, took this video of the grass clippings coming out the chute of a Hustler VX4 60" deck. It appears this is where the grass is building or one of the areas grass is building and creating clumps. Be good to hear what you think after seeing it, really need to watch it in HD to see whats happening.

Sorry for the bad filming, was difficult to hold camera still.

http://youtu.be/YI8wAMr2obE
green-
you actually caught a good shot of it in this video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT8vGj90dkk you can see the clump build up, then drop away pretty good right at the 13-15 second area of the video.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.08778 seconds with 7 queries