Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 PM
123hotdog's Avatar
123hotdog 123hotdog is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bristol TN
Posts: 459
Bought a 2013 Badboy Outlaw XP today.

I will be giving an honest review of this mower every ten hours of use. I'm sure allot will say that a Turf Tiger is twice the mower. It better be. It cost more than twice as much. I've been using a demo for a week till mine came. Today is day one. I will add to this post weekly.
__________________
Licensed and Insured
Operating since 2007
1993 Isuzu NPR dove tail open bed 4cyl diesel
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
1989 Toyota One ton Flatbed
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Classic Cuts Lawn Service's Avatar
Classic Cuts Lawn Service Classic Cuts Lawn Service is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Posts: 907
What kind of grass will you be cutting with it?
__________________
Classic Cuts Lawn Service
Ford and Chevy trucks
Exmark, Toro, Scag mowers
Stihl and Echo handhelds
Commercial Applicator Certified in 3A and 3B
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,367
Please post tons of pics!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 PM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,131
Congrats bro! I really like the xp's. I have a guy in Bristol that has a 54" He has sent me many cut pics from over there. I have a few pet peaves about it, but I do with all mowers....
__________________

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
There was a dealer in my town who sold Scag, Exmark , Hustler , and Bad Boy.

They decided to stream line their business and dumped Scag and Exmark and Kept Hustler and Bad Boy, they said for the money nobody makes anything like BB and the mechanic at the shop owned a Outlaw for his own personal mower and he said do not let anybody kid you this mower is as good as anything.

He admitted the new Super was the best quality Z ever made on several fronts but said for the money he took the BB.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-17-2013, 09:48 PM
aroddy aroddy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texarkana, TX
Posts: 251
The thing that plagues BB is the lack of customer service when things go wrong AND that they have only a 1 year warranty the covers parts and labor , then 2nd year parts. Once they get a better dealer network/ factory support and a better warranty like a 2 year unlimited hour warranty for commercial and 3 year homeowner they will be a better player in the market. At the same time, they are in a congested market with only been operating for so long. Give it time, I'm sure it will get better. They do however, have THE BEST advertising in the country!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:23 PM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
The thing that plagues BB is the lack of customer service when things go wrong AND that they have only a 1 year warranty the covers parts and labor , then 2nd year parts. Once they get a better dealer network/ factory support and a better warranty like a 2 year unlimited hour warranty for commercial and 3 year homeowner they will be a better player in the market. At the same time, they are in a congested market with only been operating for so long. Give it time, I'm sure it will get better. They do however, have THE BEST advertising in the country!!!
2 year unlimited parts and labor warranty since 2012, and hands down no one can touch the customer the factory supplies us on warranty and issues. I have never heard of a company after 6 years replacing a frame that was cracked, or deck they are great. I heard back before 07 before I was a dealer that had a very small warranty from some reps and dealers, but these guys are no joke now. Huge company, building new buildings every year, no debt hired 160 new people this year alone. You can eat off the floor nearly everywhere I've been in the factory, very clean and fresh setup compared to some of the other manufacturers I have visited... we are pushing for a longer homeowner as gh and other brands are giving 4 year and even 5 year for homeowners.... They listen, I am expecting big things next year to gain more market share....
__________________

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:09 PM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
There was a dealer in my town who sold Scag, Exmark , Hustler , and Bad Boy.

They decided to stream line their business and dumped Scag and Exmark and Kept Hustler and Bad Boy, they said for the money nobody makes anything like BB and the mechanic at the shop owned a Outlaw for his own personal mower and he said do not let anybody kid you this mower is as good as anything.

He admitted the new Super was the best quality Z ever made on several fronts but said for the money he took the BB.
I say that on here all the time like banging my head against the wall. I am living it, I have so much trouble selling any brands sitting next to the bad boy, the prices are right for sure for what kinda machine they are smoking out of Batesville, Ar. I have found the Grasshopper is the only brand so far that is truly something different as far as machines are concerned. They are the first brand that some people are actually getting around here and feeling 100% about there purchase. We are going with Gravely to fill in alot of gaps that we have. I have mowed on the 460 and liked it a lot, and am a huge fan of the xl with 2800's for homeowners. I also love the fact they offer everything like push mowers etc. Fleet program is awesome $10k plus is fleet 20% off for entire year I think some holes will get filled with them, the GAP program is amazing, if you are broke down for more than one day Gravely steps in takes a hit on machines to help with the loaner program. I am hoping my biz will grow with this decision like it did with Grasshopper without just taking sales away from my dominant brand.
I am gonna enjoy putting them all through their paces, I have a 472 that will be here Monday, a 3572 bb, and a 430d 72 I will get to let everyone play on all 3. So far the gh and bb have been toss ups, the 4 cylinder by far slings the grass out better and the grammer standard and suspension are smoother ride with less rattles and vibrations, but there are so many more refinements on the hopper that keeps it in the running, longer warranty, better idler pullies, smoother looking cut, etc they are both really nice rides! I am blessed to mow my 3 acres on these beasts....lol.
I never dreamed of selling so many mowers, I am having a blast. I told my wife a couple years back "wouldn't it be cool if we could sell 360 a year 1 a day average? We would have a decent living...." We have completely blown that out of the water now these past 2 years in a row.....
Hyper drives are sick on the Hustler, scary fast mower.....
__________________

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:24 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
I say that on here all the time like banging my head against the wall. I am living it, I have so much trouble selling any brands sitting next to the bad boy, the prices are right for sure for what kinda machine they are smoking out of Batesville, Ar. I have found the Grasshopper is the only brand so far that is truly something different as far as machines are concerned. They are the first brand that some people are actually getting around here and feeling 100% about there purchase. We are going with Gravely to fill in alot of gaps that we have. I have mowed on the 460 and liked it a lot, and am a huge fan of the xl with 2800's for homeowners. I also love the fact they offer everything like push mowers etc. Fleet program is awesome $10k plus is fleet 20% off for entire year I think some holes will get filled with them, the GAP program is amazing, if you are broke down for more than one day Gravely steps in takes a hit on machines to help with the loaner program. I am hoping my biz will grow with this decision like it did with Grasshopper without just taking sales away from my dominant brand.
I am gonna enjoy putting them all through their paces, I have a 472 that will be here Monday, a 3572 bb, and a 430d 72 I will get to let everyone play on all 3. So far the gh and bb have been toss ups, the 4 cylinder by far slings the grass out better and the grammer standard and suspension are smoother ride with less rattles and vibrations, but there are so many more refinements on the hopper that keeps it in the running, longer warranty, better idler pullies, smoother looking cut, etc they are both really nice rides! I am blessed to mow my 3 acres on these beasts....lol.
I never dreamed of selling so many mowers, I am having a blast. I told my wife a couple years back "wouldn't it be cool if we could sell 360 a year 1 a day average? We would have a decent living...." We have completely blown that out of the water now these past 2 years in a row.....
Hyper drives are sick on the Hustler, scary fast mower.....
Did I read this right? Your taking on Gravely!! Combine your customer service with Gravely's and this will be amazing!! Your going to have a new customer...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:40 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
I never dreamed of selling so many mowers, I am having a blast. I told my wife a couple years back "wouldn't it be cool if we could sell 360 a year 1 a day average? We would have a decent living...." We have completely blown that out of the water now these past 2 years in a row.....
Hyper drives are sick on the Hustler, scary fast mower.....
I'm supposing this was meant to say something else, because as you and I both know, there is no hydraulic system in the zero-turn market that will touch the HyperDrive. You can't put a 3000 hr. or 5 yr. warranty on any mower hydraulic system unless you are 100% sure it is virtually fail-proof.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.09319 seconds with 7 queries