Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 PM
joemower joemower is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lothian, Maryland
Posts: 193
2013 Hino 195 COE

Hello all, I'm looking to get a good review of a 2013 Hino 195 COE truck. I tried earlier this year but I guess the truck model was to new to get a good review. However I did get some great feedback on Hino Trucks in general. Hopefully by now there some of these trucks out there and I can get some good reviews of them. I'm currently running a 2006 Ford LCF and love it. Just trying to add to the fleet. I did test drive the Hino last Fall and it looked promising. I have no interest in the Isuzu (though I'm sure they are a good truck) or any conventional cab trucks. I do however like the Fuso Canter so feedback on them would be nice also. So is there anyone out there with some seat time in a 2013 Hino 195 or the Fuso Canter?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-27-2013, 06:24 PM
gallihergreen's Avatar
gallihergreen gallihergreen is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Research Triangle, NC
Posts: 3,449
I haven't seen a Hino COE on the road here in NC, just the conventional trucks (and not a ton of them). The Fuso is a great truck, and I've never heard a negative thing said about one. Why don't you want an Isuzu?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-27-2013, 08:06 PM
joemower joemower is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lothian, Maryland
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
I haven't seen a Hino COE on the road here in NC, just the conventional trucks (and not a ton of them). The Fuso is a great truck, and I've never heard a negative thing said about one. Why don't you want an Isuzu?
gallihergreen- Thanks for the input on the Fuso. I don't want an Isuzu because their newer style cab is just too uncomfortable to me. I owned an Isuzu back in the early 90's and liked it's cab but back then they were underpowered and the brakes never worked. I know the newer ones are much nicer and they are the only one to offer a gas option but comfortably means a lot to me. I was very impressed with the Fuso cab but I'm a bit worried it's a bit underpowered. My dealer shared my concern. Also I'm not sure about it's dualonick (sp?) trans. I was going to buy one but I didn't want to have a first year model. I was glad I didn't for I heard they recalled all of them for a transmission replacement. I still haven't counted the Fuso out yet. The Hino has just caught my interest. It has the highest Hp Diesel option out of the three and the cab seemed to be more comfortable than the Isuzu. I still like the Canter's cab the best but the Hino seems to have the best full package for me. Like you stated, there aren't that many on the road here in the US. I Just don't want to be the guinea pig. From what I have heard from Hino owners is though the truck model may be new you can't go wrong with a Hino product. Just a lot of $$$ to put out there for something I'm not sure of.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:42 PM
KPS KPS is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kemptville, Ontario
Posts: 167
We bought one 2013 HINO 195 COE last summer. We bought the 2 chassis length and outfitted it with a 24"x60"x90" aluminum crossbox and a 11' crysteel dump body. We used it daily to haul our 16' towmaster float with our CAT 257b3. In addition to this we had about 10 swamp mats in the dump bed that weigh 500-600lbs apiece, so that's about 6000lbs. The truck never skipped a beat the whole year, it's an absolute pack mule! Now keep in mind it's a work truck purpose built, it's not a 600hp diesel pickup. It's not goona win drag races fully loaded but it'll haul pretty much anything you want. The exhaust brake is phenomenal, the cab interior is really nice, the drivers magnetic suspension seat is really good too. We liked it so much that we ordered another one in the fall and took delivery of it this spring. We got the longer chassis to accommodate a larger crossbox, but other than that they are outfitted identical. Again this new truck hauls a 10,000lb + trailer every day and upwards of 5 ton of stone in the dump bed also. I routinely gross 25-28000 lbs and the truck is just fantastic. The tires are big, the brakes are big, the differential is big, it's an awesome truck to work out of. The warranty is unreal to boot! That's our basic review of them, if you wanna know any specifics just ask! I'd love to post a pic of them but I don't know how
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2013, 09:53 PM
joemower joemower is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lothian, Maryland
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
We bought one 2013 HINO 195 COE last summer. We bought the 2 chassis length and outfitted it with a 24"x60"x90" aluminum crossbox and a 11' crysteel dump body. We used it daily to haul our 16' towmaster float with our CAT 257b3. In addition to this we had about 10 swamp mats in the dump bed that weigh 500-600lbs apiece, so that's about 6000lbs. The truck never skipped a beat the whole year, it's an absolute pack mule! Now keep in mind it's a work truck purpose built, it's not a 600hp diesel pickup. It's not goona win drag races fully loaded but it'll haul pretty much anything you want. The exhaust brake is phenomenal, the cab interior is really nice, the drivers magnetic suspension seat is really good too. We liked it so much that we ordered another one in the fall and took delivery of it this spring. We got the longer chassis to accommodate a larger crossbox, but other than that they are outfitted identical. Again this new truck hauls a 10,000lb + trailer every day and upwards of 5 ton of stone in the dump bed also. I routinely gross 25-28000 lbs and the truck is just fantastic. The tires are big, the brakes are big, the differential is big, it's an awesome truck to work out of. The warranty is unreal to boot! That's our basic review of them, if you wanna know any specifics just ask! I'd love to post a pic of them but I don't know how
Thanks KPS, that's what I want to hear. I realize it's no race truck and I'm not looking for that. My dealer did say that though it is 15 hp more than my Ford LCF that I would notice a big difference in it's performance. I've been spoiled with my LCF having a 6 cylinder engine and he said that the Hino wouldn't have the same "get and go." That's ok, I'm more worried about keeping the "go" reliably for a long time. I won't be fighting fires with it.... So you like the suspension seat? Is it really worth the extra$$$? I was comfortable in the stock seat. One thing that I noticed on my test drive was that the front end seemed to want to float around a bit. My LCF runs nice, tight, and straight with no rattles or squeeks even after 6 years of use. Another thing that I noticed was that I couldn't seem to get the mirrors out far enough to get a good view past the van box that was on it. The dealer seemed to think that they weren't installed properly. How do you feel about the mirrors? One more thing, do you have any insight to share on how the Hino stacks up against the Fuso or the Isuzu? I'd love to see some pics... I'll PM you my email. That should make it easier to send pics. I can never get pics to upload to this site either. Thanks again for your insight.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 PM
KPS KPS is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kemptville, Ontario
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemower View Post
Thanks KPS, that's what I want to hear. I realize it's no race truck and I'm not looking for that. My dealer did say that though it is 15 hp more than my Ford LCF that I would notice a big difference in it's performance. I've been spoiled with my LCF having a 6 cylinder engine and he said that the Hino wouldn't have the same "get and go." That's ok, I'm more worried about keeping the "go" reliably for a long time. I won't be fighting fires with it.... So you like the suspension seat? Is it really worth the extra$$$? I was comfortable in the stock seat. One thing that I noticed on my test drive was that the front end seemed to want to float around a bit. My LCF runs nice, tight, and straight with no rattles or squeeks even after 6 years of use. Another thing that I noticed was that I couldn't seem to get the mirrors out far enough to get a good view past the van box that was on it. The dealer seemed to think that they weren't installed properly. How do you feel about the mirrors? One more thing, do you have any insight to share on how the Hino stacks up against the Fuso or the Isuzu? I'd love to see some pics... I'll PM you my email. That should make it easier to send pics. I can never get pics to upload to this site either. Thanks again for your insight.
The suspension seat came standard with ours, I wasn't aware it was an option. The front end does tend to wander a little bit, it's the only COE I've driven so I can't compare it to anything else. I had a second gen dodge and it kind of reminds me of that, you can't really let go of the wheel too long hahaha. The mirrors work excellent for me, no blind spots really. The one problem I do have with them is that I have to look around them when I come to an intersection, I can lose a whole car behind them if I don't lean foreword to look both ways. As for the FUSO it has a 165 hp fiat motor I believe which I have heard is a dog and has a poor longevity cause its pushing to the max all the time. I've never felt that the Hino was underpowered, I knew what it was when we bought it and I'm more than happy with it. The Aisin tranny works very well I find, although I'd does gear hunt sometimes when you're hauling really heavy.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:00 PM
BrandonV's Avatar
BrandonV BrandonV is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 3,668
we have a 2013 fuso and i'd bet they're the weakest out of the group which for my purposes wasn't a big deal. that being said I'm afaid I should have ordered the isuzu this time instead of the fuso because fuso now had (unbenounced to me when i ordered) the new fancy dual clutch transmission that i think may have some bugs because sometimes we can't get into reverse. my previous fuso's had the aison transmission which is awesome.... isuzu now has that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:06 PM
BrandonV's Avatar
BrandonV BrandonV is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 3,668
speaking of the devil just got off my phone and fuso is shipping me a new transmission... must say they do stand behind there stuff just hope it isn't a repeating issue (15k miles now)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:57 PM
gallihergreen's Avatar
gallihergreen gallihergreen is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Research Triangle, NC
Posts: 3,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
speaking of the devil just got off my phone and fuso is shipping me a new transmission... must say they do stand behind there stuff just hope it isn't a repeating issue (15k miles now)
Damn, that sucks Brandon! Like you said, at least they stand behind their product. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the new Fuso's. I had always heard what great trucks they are.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 PM
KPS KPS is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kemptville, Ontario
Posts: 167
Youll have to forgive my computer illiteracy. I have a photobucket account and have truck pics there but don't know how to get the pics into my reply on the threads
Any help?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.12928 seconds with 7 queries