Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

where to leave cards and flyers

So i have just started up my lawn care business and im not entirely sure where to leave my flyers and business cards. Where have you guys had the best success leaving them? Realtors going house to house with flyers leaving cards in grocery store bulletin boards? just looking for the most effective ideas thanks!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

on the house (never put in mail box- its illegal) is good for flyers. generally one gets 1% response from flyers. you can leave your cards at any store, especially hardware stores or nurseries.
good luck
Old 08-13-2013, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

What time of year is best for sending out flyers or door hangers? Too early and it goes in the trash. Too late and you missed an account. I live in Colorado. I am thinking Late April Early May?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabrito88 View Post
What time of year is best for sending out flyers or door hangers? Too early and it goes in the trash. Too late and you missed an account. I live in Colorado. I am thinking Late April Early May?
When do you normally start cutting yards?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Sponsor

Well now is a great time for door hangers since the summer is coming to a close! A'deas Printing just released a new special for 1000 door hangers (featuring their state of the art Band-It) for only $99.00! With it comes FREE 3 day rush, next day proof approval, AND a free design option. So, if you don't have a file that's ready for printing, utilize our excellent designer or our online design application. They also do direct mail for post cards too. For more information visit their website at www.adeasprinting.com
Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

About Mid May
Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabrito88 View Post
About Mid May
2-3 weeks before you start cutting is when you want to start sending them out I say this because of weather delays as well as postal delays. Also if you're putting them out yourself
Old 08-24-2013, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Whenever you do so I think handing out business cards are your best bet in my experience even when I do so in late summer I get calls from cards I handed out a month ago. The way I see it is a business is something easy to store so people will hold on to it and a flyer Etc goes in the trash for anyone who doesn't need thy service within a few weeks
Old 08-24-2013, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmike View Post
Whenever you do so I think handing out business cards are your best bet in my experience even when I do so in late summer I get calls from cards I handed out a month ago. The way I see it is a business is something easy to store so people will hold on to it and a flyer Etc goes in the trash for anyone who doesn't need thy service within a few weeks
You make a great point. +1
Old 08-25-2013, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

ya thats true. People always have business cards on their fridge. hm. Maybe ill have to change my tactics.